Attaching breastplate to Prolite girth

Pippity

Visit site
I've just ordered a Prolite girth, and am trying to figure out the best way of attaching my hi-viz/LED breasplates. The breastplates just have webbing loops which I've previously run the girth through but I obviously don't want to do that with the Prolite. Equally, the little buckle strap looks a bit fiddly for fastening/unfastening every ride, if it's even wide enough to take the webbing.

At the moment, I'm thinking to buckle a small D-ring onto the girth permanently, and unpick/restitch the breastplates to add some form of trigger clip? Or am I worrying too much and the little buckle strap will be absolutely fine and not fiddly at all?

HeyMich

Visit site
Yep, I just use the wee buckle. It's fine! My son has a JW anatomical girth that has a carabiner type clip, and to be honest, that's more of a faff than my prolite one.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I've used a carabiner or put the girth through the loop as normal. - Sometimes I find with a clip that they then don't go short enough to stop them sagging.

Pippity

Visit site
Yep, I just use the wee buckle. It's fine! My son has a JW anatomical girth that has a carabiner type clip, and to be honest, that's more of a faff than my prolite one.

Oh, that's reassuring! I won't order any bits and bobs until I've had a try of it myself. Hopefully it'll be okay. A friend occasionally hacks Blue out, so I want it to be fairly simple for her to use, too. I'm pretty obsessive about how much hi-viz Blue has to wear, so I try to make putting it all on as easy as possible.

Double ended trigger clip off ebay?

It wouldn't be wide enough for either the buckle or the webbing on the breastplates, unfortunately.

I've used a carabiner or put the girth through the loop as normal. - Sometimes I find with a clip that they then don't go short enough to stop them sagging.

Prolite specifically say not to put anything between the girth and the horse, so I'd rather avoid it if possible. Carabiner's definitely a possibility - I hadn't thought of that!

jnb

Visit site
I loved the little buckle on my Fairfax, took me ages to get used to having to put the bridle on first again when my saddler advised my baby cob wouldn't get on with the Fairfax. They're really not at all fiddly.
Not-so-baby cob now needs an XF breastplate as his chest /neck are too wide for the current FS one, (only for me to grab on to as hogged mane!) - Might have got away with the smaller one - just - if I still used the Fairfax but sadly not!

Steerpike

Visit site
I put an old martingale ring on my prolite girth and my breast plate has a clip, makes my life easier than trying to undo the little buckle on the girth.