Attire for the larger horse!

Blizzard

Visit site
To all you people who own large breeds, either heavy shire types or large finer types, are there any good suppliers/ websites/ manufacturers around that cater well for the larger horse.

Im thinking 17hh plus size here.

Sure you can clean up when the rug sale come and there is only 7ft 6 left ha ha, but Im thinking stuff like bridles, headcollars and so forth, even ebay seems to fall a bit short.

Happytohack

Visit site
I have had to have bridles & girths made in the past. My mare just squeezes into a 58 inch girth, but my gelding (now retired) was a 64 inch. Hydrophane make extra full bridles that actually fit. Rhinegold XF aren't big enough. If I ever see any XF headcollars for sale, I always snap them up as they are pretty rare round here. Luckily my farrier is used to shoeing heavy horses with big feet, but some farriers won't shoe them so that is something to take into consideration when buying a heavy.

Ash the arab

Visit site
Most things like boots, bridles and headcollars come in X-Full or Warmblood size. I don't think it is as hard as it once was to get things for the larger horse!!
wink.gif

samsaccount

Visit site
My aunt owns 4 shires and it is quite hard to get hold of headcollars which actually fit, we also have to get a friend of the family (who breeds and shows shires) to sort their feet out as no farrier near us will do anything with their feet because they are heavy horses
frown.gif

unfortunatly i cannot comment on any bridles etc as they are not ridden so sorry about that