Auction Houses selling passports.....

carys220

Visit site
I have just read this on a certain Auction house's website:
[ QUOTE ]
We have been advised by the Local Trading Standards Authority that we are now able to issue passports on the day of sale as long as they have no existing breed registration passports.

[/ QUOTE ]

Surely this makes even more of a mockery of the system.....

svincent

Visit site
There is an auction house near me that has been doing this for a while now. They have someone on site to issue passports on the day of the sale.

To digress a little, I have a friend in Northern Ireland and she tells me that passports change hands over there all the time. It has been going on for years with Wetherbys TB papers, but it effectively means horses can be passed off as younger/older/better bred then they actually are.

White

New User
Visit site
i have just bought a brood mare at auction and her passport does not match her, the auction is not oblighed to check the passports match the horses. The mare i have is freeze marked on the farm key web site it states that your horse freeze marked is instantly identifiable. This is not true definately before 2000 as they did not even keep a record of names, they do not consider a horses name a form of ide, and they do not check passports or require any proof of ownership to mark your horse. The horse they mark may be stolen and they give it an ide this is ridiculous.

D

Donkeymad

Unfortunately there are far too many Auctions that happily provide new passports on-the-spot. Anybody can declare that a horse has no other papers.
mad.gif