automatic and manuals

grooveshysta

Visit site
Quick question can you tow with a automatic or is it better to tow with a a manual. Any experiances would be greatfully recived.xxxxx
laugh.gif

Reashi

Visit site
I have another question on kind of the same topic. If you pass your towing test driving an automatic, does that mean you can only tow in an automatic? Or can you tow with a manual too?

sojeph

Visit site
Mine has both I generally use automatic as its very seriously hilly round here and I don't wanna get stuck on a hill faffing about with a clutch and a handbrake!! Although I can flip it into manual for when I'm going down a very steep hill which helps!

pixie

Visit site
if you passed on an automatic, then you can only drive an automatic and will have to take another test in a manual car to be able to drive manual.

if you passed on a manual you can drive both manual and automatic

seaofdreams

Visit site
driven with both
Auto is alot smother for the horses and at first we were told to have an auto, but my mum pulls with a warrior and its fine aswell

Peanot

Visit site
I have a manual and I prefer them as they are lighter on the fuel. Ok, an automatic may be smoother for the horse but I change slowly and smoothly, and I am in complete control of the gears. I like it that way.
grin.gif

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
It's the same with towing tests as it is with normal driving tests. Pass in ajn automatic & you can only drive autos. Pass in a manual & you can drive both. Regarding towing it is recommended to tow no more that 85% of the weight of the towing vehicle. The manual will tell you the weight of the vehicle.
Regarding which is best to tow with, I have used both & there is little difference, manual Discovery & Auto Shogun. Techniques are a little different i an auto though.