Automatic water feeders

ollierdog

Visit site
Hi everyone just after some advice on water feeders, can anyone recommend the cheapest place to get them from? Have had prices from £15-£25 per feeder, the cheapest being from Poland where the horse has to bush a button/bit of plastic for it to work- does anyone have any experiences of these? Just worried horses may not know what to do with them, or if anyone wants to sell any new/second hand I'm after 16:) thanks

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
I found going to my nearest supplier and telling him what price I'd been offered for one and then telling him I wanted to buy 10 if the price was right meant he offered me a decent discount.

btw you do need to take into account quality. It'll cost far more in the long run if the first time your horses brush against them they break off the wall.

MillionDollar

Visit site
IMO I wouldn't go for the cheapest, you'll have no end of problems. Also I wouldn't go for the horse operated ones, some horses think they are a brilliant game and end up flooding their stable.

We have these......

http://www.j****.com/DrinkingBowls.html#panel4

And they're very temperamental, sometimes just start over flowing on their own accord.

So for our new yard we're getting them from Loddon, as suppsed to be very good.

rockysmum

Visit site
Our yard have the sort that fill up like a toilet :D with a floating ball.

They work well most of the time, but do freeze when its very cold.

They have the drain plug at the bottom to clean them out too.

Have been on yards with different designs, but these have been the best.