Autumn Hunting Tweed

HappyHackerK8

Visit site
Morning, although we are heading into winter hunting and opening meets are just weeks away, I’m looking to upgrade my tweed jacket!

I just love the navy tweed, but I’ve noticed that no one seems to wear this - it’s green/brown variants…

Is this because navy tweed is a faux pas hunting? I’m a relative newbie as I only started last winter - I don’t want to stick out like a sore thumb 😂

HappyHackerK8

Visit site
I love it, but I’m just a bit scared that I look like a bit of a dingbat 😂 or something dragged out of the 90’s 😂

If it’s just personal preference I don’t mind going against the grain - if there is some etiquette I’m going against I’ll stick with the crowd 😂

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
If you like your navy tweed, then stick with it. If anyone raises an eyebrow at you having the ‘wrong’ tweed then stuff them - hunting needs all the support that it can get. Being picky about the shade of tweed is silly in the extreme.

If, on the other hand, you just fancy a new tweed jacket in another colour, then that’s a different matter 🙂.

HappyHackerK8

Visit site
I thought navy tweed was just frowned upon in the show ring didn't know it was a thing in hunting as well, so why make them then if you can't wear it anywhere seems daft really.
It’s bizzare - the shame is when you look on threads here and hunt websites/FB etc it just says “tweed” if it had said green/brown tweed etc I’d not be in this position 😂

Time to treat myself I think…