Ava dressage saddles- anyone got one?

scats

Visit site
In the process of thinking about getting Millie fitted with a dressage saddle. She hates short girths so I will be looking for something I can have made with normal girth straps.
Has anyone got an Ava saddle and how do you rate them?

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I have not heard of them so had a Google they look nice although I am not a fan of the saddle flap design, the concept sounds very good but there quite expensive, I have a LM dressage saddle for one of mine and I had it made with short straps as he doesn't like short girths either.

What is it that you really like about them is there specific reason just curious really.

scats

Visit site
I have not heard of them so had a Google they look nice although I am not a fan of the saddle flap design, the concept sounds very good but there quite expensive, I have a LM dressage saddle for one of mine and I had it made with short straps as he doesn't like short girths either.

What is it that you really like about them is there specific reason just curious really.

I just landed on their page after a bit of Googling and quite liked the look of them, but was a bit ‘eek’ at the price.

Roxylola

Visit site
I've had no direct experience, but I dont think they necessarily suit every type of horse from what I've heard. A friend tried them on her wide (possibly extra wide) horse and couldn't find anything to suit

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I just landed on their page after a bit of Googling and quite liked the look of them, but was a bit ‘eek’ at the price.

Ha ha yes price shocked me a bit! If you need a good wide saddle that can be made to your spec the Lavinia Mitchell saddles are lovely and they fit my wide awkward Arabs really well, mine was £1,400 about 7 years ago and it still looks new.

eggs

Visit site
No experience of Ava saddles but have a Barrie Swain semiflex dressage saddle on one of mine and they come with short girth straps (which is a shame as I can't use my Fairfax dressage girth on it but did buy the long Prolite version)

Mari

Visit site
I had an Ava dressage saddle for my Connemara (no longer ridden & saddle sold to Denmark earlier this year) & loved it. Really comfortable, helped me improve my position & lovely quality leather. I bought it second hand, pre owned are around you just have to be right place right time.

Batgirl

Visit site
I have one from when they were ASS (before change to AVA), I'm gutted as I'm selling it because t no longer fits my new horse (was made to measure for my last horse.

IMO it was worth the money.

If you want an 18" wide dressage saddle , nudge nudge, wink wink ;) ...