Axiom Rug Sizing?

EventingMum

Visit site
I'm looking at the Axiom 1800D rugs for one of my horses who had managed to trash several rugs, two in three days recently - he and his pal love to play together and the rugs are bearing the brunt of their shenanigans! Therefore I'm looking for a replacement rug at reasonable cost and want a heavy denier so it stands a chance of surviving for more than a few days. Advice on any other makes to consider would be welcome too.

I've not had Axiom rugs before so have no idea how they come up size wise, the horse in question wears a variety of makes, he'll squeeze into a 6'3'' Premier Equine, he's ok in a 6'6'' Mark Todd / Jumpers Horse Line but equally could go a size up without it drowning him. Horseware Rambo or Rhino he'd be a 6'6''. So what I really want to know is how anyone finds they come up size wise - big, small or average? The horse in question is not particularly wide and doesn't have a massive shoulder or barrel if that help.

irishdraft

Visit site
I have recently bought a axiom heavyweight, pleased with it for the money, usually have weathbeeta 6 ft 6 on my horses IDs the sizing was good fairly generous around the front/shoulders & a lovely big tail cover only down side the leg straps are quite short & its not as heavyweight as I was expecting so have had to put a thin rug underneath but for £33.00 I carnt complain

Kat

Visit site
My mare has some axiom rugs and they fit really well. She is 6ft3 in PE, Amigo, Swish and Axiom. They are biggee than amigos, more like a PE in fit. They are great rugs.

TPO

Visit site
I bought one years ago for an unplanned purchase (horse) and it was fantastic. I think I won it for £24, it was really warm and fitted well.

I've just bought another for my youngster as he's out with a horse that likes to "play"... He's only 5'9 just now but it fits well and is still in one piece. It's the 300gm 1800D version

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
am really impressed-bought a 180g and a 300g 1800D and they've kept him dry in a week of storms and horizontal rain and are (so far) undamaged by his mates-they are all unshod though. More generous than Amigos and deep. Necks could be better designed but for the price they are very good.

taraj

Visit site
mine sounds like yours! he wears a 6ft3in premier but 6ft6 in amigos. He has the 6ft 6 in the Axiom and it fits perfectly!.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Mine wears a 6'3 Amigo rainsheet, Rhinegold he needs 6'6, Axiom 6'3 and it's as Toffee says, deep, huge tail flap, might be a bit deep on a horse who hasn't got a huge barrel, but brilliant rugs. I love them.