Axiom rugs - full necks

Ladybird

Visit site
What's the fit like?

My section D's weathabeeta always rubs out a 6" section of mane about 6" from the bottom, and has taken a bit of a hammering this year so will be looking to replace ready for next winter, and they make a 1800d in budget.

Any info, good or bad welcome :)

jesterfaerie

Visit site
I have two (full neck combos) and really really rate them, they haven't rubbed the mane off my pony or TB in the many years they have worn them. Nor have I had issues with them rubbing shoulders. I find they fit mine well but neither are overly wide broad and are a generous fit, however I wouldn't go up a size. They are plenty deep enough too. Well worth the money IMO, the only issue I have is my TB has a stupidly long neck so the Axiom comes up a little short.

Bennions Field

Visit site
i've got one, brought it approx 4 weeks ago, it fits well, my lad is a 3/4 tb x 1/4 cob, he's well built both in the shoulder and neck the rug has plenty of room in both areas and doesnt appear to rub him as yet, he wears it 24/7 at the moment as its so cold, but its not moved at all, just give it a quick remove and shake each end of the day. the colours are not quite as they look on ebay, but hey, they end up mud coloured anyway :) they are also lightweight compared to other rugs i have, but perhaps thats just that it is newer, it was the 340g heavyweight rug that i brought and it seems to be keeping him really warm as well.

one thing i will add is that the finish is not perhaps as good as my mark todd / masta rugs i have but then it was half the price of them so time will tell if it stands up to wear and tear as much, my other rugs are getting on now, i think some are near to 10 years old, but still wash and clean well at the end of each winter. i will be pleased if the axiom rug lasts half that long so only time will tell. for the money i think they are worth it :)

nirikina

Visit site
I have several in different weights. They've lasted well, fit well, keep the rain out and wash well too. I don't see the point in rugs without necks. They also have reflective binding for easier catching in by torchlight.

xxcharlottexx

Visit site
I have an Axiom stable rug (althought it is shower proof and has gussets!) which I bought from ebay.

It is supposed to be 300g but it doesnt seem as heavy as this.

It fits my horse well in the body but I found the neck to be very big (I do have a tb with a weedy neck so you should be a bit better off with a sec D!). And the tail flap is massive (but i guess it keeps his bum nice and toasty!)

I would say that over all they are a decent 'budget' rug

littlescallywag

Visit site
My is on its 3rd winter and is still pretty perfect (got ripped on flank area yesterday), has never rubbed mane off , keeps him warm and dry. Colours are better than ebay shows.
My boy is deep chested with huge neck and it and my stable rug version fit perfectly.
Would not hesitate to purchase anymore if I could find 7' or 6'9 but they seem thin on the ground now :(