B!tchy yards?

PinkFairy

Visit site
does anyone else have a problem with namely - GIRLS on the yard? At our yard, theres a group of girls who have to turn up impeccably dressed in the latest "civilian" trends e.g. bright pink jackets/chaps/jods/ with the plastered on make up to match! They are no better in personality - the less make up you wear the lower down they think of you. They also giggle at everything that happens and they are just so immature it really gets my goat that they have to make a big show and dance about the fact that a girl may have shavings caught in her hair! On the subject of hair - the "top" girl in the group always comes to the yard with her hair groomed perfectly - straightened or curled with tonnes of hairspray and the other week she came in with brand new hair extensions down to her waist!! I'm all for the feel-as-good-as-you-look motto, but surely this is taking it too far? the YO's have spoken to them about their dress manner and the hair situation but they are also very rude to people around them. I was tacking up for a lesson that I was late for, and the "top" girl came to tack up the horse next door to mine, and without saying anything, she moved all my tack to the other side of the yard so she could place hers on my horses tack rack and when i asked her about it she giggled and then relplied "dont cry about it, its only tack and you should have moved it FOR me" i could have slapped her!! I just think girls can be very hard to work with at a yard especially ones around my age-(16years) but the girls are completely different to the YO's but to others they are b!tchy and absolute hell to work with! Sorry for the rant and long post - just had to get this off my mind!!

mad.gif

PinkFairy

Visit site
it would be a DREAM to have my own HORSE let alone my own yard but i think if i had to keep a horse on a livery i would choose a smaller one but GAAAAHHH these girls drive me insane. I cant move as its the fourth i've moved to! and i love the yard minus the girls

VictoriaEDT

www.equinedental.co.uk
Little brats.........not had much of a problem like that and I did an Equine Science degree at Hartpury with about 220 stables and 150 liveries - we all got on really well.

My advice - accidentally set fire to their hair!

lol, no seriously dont let them get to you - stand up for yourself but DONT lower yourself to their level and be rude to them.

Keep smiling and good luck

equibabe20

Visit site
I totally understand what you mean a couple of yards Ive been to have been very bitchy, but luckily enough the yard Im at now is brilliant and it is a big yard.
Just try to ignore them, I know it's difficult but don't lower yourself to their level. x

PinkFairy

Visit site
I try my best to steer clear as I am enjoying being on everyones good side after a hellish time at school being bullied. The girls just drive me insane getting people to tack up their horses because the horse isn't considered "pretty enough" for them to touch! Or the hissy fits they pull when we are told to tack clean because they hate their hands smelling of the soap. What they must understand is that they can't come to the yard expecting an easy ride (excuse the pun) but they have to be prepared to take on the job of looking after/riding/managing horses as a whole otherwise they are not doing the job properly and its a big yard - we don't have time to clean up their mess or do their jobs its not fair on every one else and its not what we are there for. Even the employees are told - show them how to do things but do not do the job for them - because they have to learn to do it themselves but these girls are just so B!TCHY to people - they make little snide comments if you don't have blonde hair or if you don't have a horse or if you don't wear the latest fashion.. Think of the movie mean girls - and the girls in that movie? THE PLASTICS!! They have tried to get me to join their group as they think im acceptable (they said i had a good social status) but i refused as i dont agree with their attitudes - they are downright RUDE and now..? They just act like the Queen(s) of Sheba!!

PinkFairy

Visit site
i just bit my tongue and carried on tacking my horse up - didn't see the point in getting frustrated i would have just made my lesson feel like it was going really bad.

dieseldog

Visit site
This is why a lot of yards won't have children on them. Bit confused as to why the YO would talk to the girls about their hair - what exactly is it to do with the YO how they look?

PinkFairy

Visit site
well long hair is meant to be tied back etc and you're not really supposed to be over-dressed so no make up etc. The hair extensions were seen as a no-go area, the YO wasn't happy with them but the girl still has them in. the girls aren't really children - they are all 16 years old so they should be acting adult but hey - they are no where near mature!

PIAFFES_Sister

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
"dont cry about it, its only tack and you should have moved it FOR me" i could have slapped her!! I just think girls can be very hard to work with at a yard

[/ QUOTE ]

thats pure immature! yes, you should have slapped the girl and given her a boot up the backside!
wink.gif
and dressing like that to go to a YARD! i mean come on.

luckily i'm the only teen at my livery yard, my hairs always a right mess and jods are mostly dirty, dont see the point in making myself look wonderful for going to the yard!

lucylemon

k9-chatterbox-forums.editboard.com
I have never had that problem, we are a 'friends only' yard, so everyone knows everyone and gets on with everyone.

but we do have our fair share of problems, like lots of people don't muck out the fields and they rush off before Re (yard manager) gets down, so when she goes and checks the fields we get shouted at for them not being done properly.

I don't have my own horse so don't usually have to go through this but when i look after my friends arab i do.

jj_87

Visit site
This is the reason mum and dad decided a few years ago to have a no children policy! Ended with after the gaggle of girls coming to see their horses they'd be more mess and chaos to clear up. I always hated it as when i was around 14/15 i had no one to ride with except mum and the liveries but no one my age! I really cant thank her enough now as i can just get on with doing my horses when im home.

Visit site
my old yard was like that so we left
mad.gif
smile.gif
at my current yard it can be a bit boring because I am 15 and there aren't any people my age down there but it a very friendly yard and it means I can trust the people with my horses.
smile.gif
Why don't you consider moving yards? x

gemma1992

Visit site
I don't think pinkrider has her own horse by this comment "it would be a DREAM to have my own HORSE "

So if she's helping someone it would be a bit cheeky asking them to move yards. SORRY IF THAT IS NOT THE CASE.

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think pinkrider has her own horse by this comment "it would be a DREAM to have my own HORSE "

So if she's helping someone it would be a bit cheeky asking them to move yards. SORRY IF THAT IS NOT THE CASE.

[/ QUOTE ]

oops sorry.
blush.gif
I missed that bit! xxx

PIAFFES_Sister

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
at my current yard it can be a bit boring because I am 15 and there aren't any people my age down there but it a very friendly yard and it means I can trust the people with my horses.

[/ QUOTE ]

move to my yard lol

i'm in the same position, but everyone is lovely

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

move to my yard lol

i'm in the same position, but everyone is lovely

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, would be quite a journey don't you think?!
wink.gif
tongue.gif

PinkFairy

Visit site
No i dont have my own horse and i just help out.
Blackhawk - the thing is, our YO knows there are no teenage boys on the yard - just older men who are married etc or just plain men lol, so there is no reason to dress up, plus it is also a riding school where people bring their kids and she doesn't want the girls to look OTT which they do. However I must admit it isnt really the YO's choice but as it's her yard she wants us to look at least respectable and hardworking but these girls look like they are putting on a fashion show! There is a dress code etc because its a respectable establishment. I suppose that in itself is fair enough. I'm definitely not the only teen at our yard, its actually MOSTLY teenage girls there so there can be a lot of friction.

spooks

Visit site
our yard is alright, there are 3 teenagers, one is mine the other 2 we rarely see! then there is 2 ten yr olds an 11 yr old and a 12 yr old (mine) the rest are adults ,again who we dont really see.

PinkFairy

Visit site
its just the first yard i was at was lovely it was just me and a woman and i ended up helping out with her two horses as it was her stables, the second yard was incredibly awful they constantly took the p!ss out of me for being deaf and they were very spoilt children who owned HUGE horses and were absolutely terrible to have to work with. Third yard was quiet but the only people that came up hated the horses there as they weren't "as good looking" or as "experienced" in the competition world as their horses so they made life a bit hellish. Now i'm at this yard, very very happy with what i have, just those girls get on my flipping nerves

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
I know it's easy to say but not easy to do. Try not to let it get too much under your skin. Just carry on with your work & you will be surprised that the YO will not be stupid, they will know who are workers & who are shirkers.

Let the standard or your work & your ability as a rider do the talking for you. I appreciate it is difficult & sometimes you will get upset....don't react to them too much, they will feed of it.

You will eventually realise that it doesn't matter a damn what they think or do, they don't matter, the yard owner & other people on the yard will know who you are & that you know your stuff. Keep your chin up!!
smile.gif

happyhack

Visit site
typical, mummy and daddy always do as i ask-why cant u? attitude or what!!!! u almost want to pick up a bit or sh!t and rub it on their pristine clothing too!!!

PinkFairy

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
typical, mummy and daddy always do as i ask-why cant u? attitude or what!!!! u almost want to pick up a bit or sh!t and rub it on their pristine clothing too!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

i like that plan... i like it a lot
smirk.gif
grin.gif
teehee