baby oil coat shiner

Josh_craney

Visit site
wot is the recipe i have my oil and water i just need to know how many parts oil to water.
confused.gif

TigerLilly

Visit site
The best coat shiner i find is beeswax polish but make sure it is beeswax it works every time just spray some on to a cloth the wipe on to horse.

piaffe

Visit site
I'd love to know a cheaper way of getting a shine, am fed up with buying canter coat shine as i do tend to over use it!
blush.gif

Racehorse

Visit site
I know a really old fashioned remedy which I've used for many years - "Elbow Grease". And it's free! Might give you arm ache though!

pocket

Visit site
Best way to get a good coat with lots of shine is to feed well! Good food, linseed chips and codliver oil and as Racehorse states.......elbow grease, priceless
wink.gif

rach1984horse

Visit site
Elbow grease then baby oil.

I find that if you have a greasey coat then put baby oil on it lifts the grease and looks awful. I tend to brush the coat. Then highlight knees, hocks, eyes, nose, anything else depending on the pony, class & markings, with baby oil on a cloth. Then run the cloth over the coat. That way you get some of the baby oil from the cloth onto the coat, without soaking it or making it look greasey.