Baby TBs first show and some very very exciting news....

madhector

www.darlingdressage.co.uk
We took a clients horse for its first outing yesterday, she is a 5yr old TB who has been with us since she was 3, when she retired from racing. Her owner wanted her taken very slowly and so she came to us to start her alternative career.

She was a star at the show and behaved perfectly in the warm up, warmed up very sweetly and did 2 very nice tests. She was quite chatty in the first one but didnt seem to affect her rhythm. The second test was better in general but with babyish moments in the canter.

Pictures from the warm up..

sox2.jpg

sox.jpg

She ended up winning both, with 70 and 67 % :)

So chuffed with her and she can now start looking for a nice loan home to continue her education.

On to the news....

It seems like we might be moving.... (and when I say might, I mean are ;) )

Going to take Chunky and Fitz up to Yorkshire and go and work for Hannah, so so excited - will be an amazing opportunity!

Burnttoast

Visit site
Very nice! I'll have her! And that's my share and his owner in the background... He came 3rd in the first prelim (still can't canter, poor love ;))

Enjoy yourself up north!

WeeBrown

Visit site
Good luck with your move. I have to say it is a nice part of Yorkshire! I enjoyed a lovely hack round the lanes near where you will be today as I keep mine in the next village so regularly pass liveries from there; I'm usually cringing as they don't have a spot of dust on their horses and mine are usually sporting poo/grass stains! Well done on your results with your client's horse too - fab scores!

Burnttoast

Visit site
If you know anyone local looking please let me know :)

Sadly all the people I know who would be suitable for a nice baby like that currently have a surfeit of broken horses and can't take on a working one :( Hope you find someone great.

nikkimariet

Visit site
Well done!! Baby TB looking lovely - what's her breeding?

How exciting for the move! Hope all goes smoothly :)

madhector

www.darlingdressage.co.uk
Good luck with your move. I have to say it is a nice part of Yorkshire! I enjoyed a lovely hack round the lanes near where you will be today as I keep mine in the next village so regularly pass liveries from there; I'm usually cringing as they don't have a spot of dust on their horses and mine are usually sporting poo/grass stains! Well done on your results with your client's horse too - fab scores!

Thanks, have been up there quite a few times and love it, also my granddad was from round there so lots of nice memories of that area

Booboos

Visit site
Another lovely horse! Well done! I bet her owner is really pleased and well done to her for taking it so slowly with her youngster!

Great news! I am sure you will have a fantastic time!

jules89

Visit site
congratulations; I hope this brings you everything you deserve (which is a lot!) you're awesome, fingers crossed for u, mate