Back from a morning hunting!!!

Beanyowner

Visit site
Well I am back from just over 2 hours out on the hunting field...Benson was an absolute SUPERSTAR!!!
Arrived at the meet had a glass of sherry and a glass of port
wink.gif
, 2 sausage rolls and a slice of pizza!
laugh.gif
Saw a few people I knew so had a mosey round...and mingled!
Anyhoo...the master done his speech and before long we were off!! Down the grass verge straight over a 3ft hunt fence...yikes I thought, but kicked on and we made it over, all be it in a bit of a fashion!! Was hailing a taxi a bit but stayed on board...typical the photographer was there so will have to dig out that piccy and see what it looks like!
laugh.gif

So we picked ourselves up after that fence galloped around the edge of the field to see everyone going over a small hedge...so off I went cantered towards it and at take off realised the size of the ditch underneath it!!!!!! Luckily Beany noticed it too and tucked up, stretched out and over we went sweet as a nut!
smile.gif
Continued round through the woods, around a few more fields and over a few more smaller hunt fences...then we were heading towards a bit of a beast of a hedge...I wasn't feeling this hedge at all so thought I would give it a miss...Benson thought otherwise and cantered at it so I gave him the benefit of the doubt and over we went...it was pretty massive with a big ditch underneath it...I love my cob!
laugh.gif

Went over a few more fences and around a few more fields...up and down a few hills...Benson was still jumping like a trooper.
Anyway...after about 2 hours the hunt were drawing towards home so thought I would peel off and tootle off home as Benson was feeling a bit tired...and so was I!

So Benson is now tucked up nice and warm in his house...I am next door nice and warm in my house...having a well deserved and needed cuppa tea!
laugh.gif

Excellent day out...Oh...and thanks to Coligone Beany is still carrying the same amount of weight as he had to start with...YIPPY!! No stressy tucked up Beany! So thanks to Kate...I will be emailing an order as soon as I get some cash!
laugh.gif

A very tired Claire and Beany! xx

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
Wow - feel very envious. I love the fact that you made no decisions about anything and you were just taken! Benson obviously believes he is a proper hunting cob and has no time for poxy working cob!

Beanyowner

Visit site
Thanks everyone...I went out with the Ledbury Hunt, they do tend to go a bit hell for leather on the odd occaisions...none of this standing around stuff!!
grin.gif

Was an excellent day...although I am aching quite a lot now!!
frown.gif
Was well worth it though!
grin.gif