Back Man/Lady - Beds/Herts/Cambs Area

Safina

Visit site
Morning All

I recently moved areas and am still on the hunt for a local backperson. Things are getting a bit desperate as the beast has started bucking - a sure sign he is not comfy.

People on my yard have receommended a chap who cannot come out for a while and the local saddlers only has adverts for equine massagers/welll-being healers.

Does anyone know of a qualified back person (physio or chiro) who works in the Beds/Cambs/Herts area (the yard is near Royston)?

hollyzippo

Visit site
Hi, I am a McTimoney-Corley Spinal Therapist. Have a look on our association web site as lists qualified practitioners by county. Its www.mctimoney-corley.com
A girl I trained with, Alice is near Hitchin (not sure if thats close but I know its herts!) she is 07917 820382.
hope that helps
Holly
smile.gif

katelarge

Visit site
I have used Isabel Prestwich, who is based near Oundle and travels widely - my mobile is on the blink but you might be able to find a contact number for her online?

BTW if you are near Royston, have you been to Sandon saddlery yet? Alladin's Cave!

Safina

Visit site
Thanks - I've googled but drawn a blank so far, I'll keep trying though.

I've not been to Sandon yet - went to the Barn on Saturday but was not that impressed so will try Sandon next. Saying that, I used to livery 25 mins from Ingatestone Saddlery and I doubt anything will beat that!

SusanFlynn

Visit site
This might not be useful at the present but we have a guy over from the US Denver Colorado regularly who is a Chiro and has proved to be very very useful and helpful to so many horses.
He is the guy who works alongside Mark Rashid and attends his seminars.
Dr Dave Siemens and he will be back at my friends yard next April. She lives just outside Hitchin a place called Shillington. So although you want someone now, if you are interested in seeing him then please PM me. Even if to just visit and see him at work. His explanations of the horse structure and the whole picture of the horse and how many other things also influence the horse is very interesting and helpful.
The place is not far between Luton and Hitchin.

Sooty

Visit site
We did use Isabel Prestwich but then changed to a qualified McTimoney practitioner called Dana Green. We like her, she is quite a character! I can dig out her number if you are interested, daughter has it on her mobly but she is at work.

Safina

Visit site
Brilliant - thank you all for those suggestions. I have a few names/numbers now so plenty of people to consider having out to look at the beast.

Susan - thats a really kind offer and onw which I'll PM you about, thank you

SusanFlynn

Visit site
Safina.. just let me know if interested, shame I didnt know sooner as he was here mid November for a couple of weeks then did Marks Rashids last seminar was held at Patchetts. Dr Dave did a evening talk and everytime I meet him I learn something new.

Its is so good when horse trainer and chiro get together and work for the horse and owner.