Back/muscle people in south (hants)

JaneyB

Visit site
For those of you in the South, i.e. Hampshire area! Who do you use, who have you previously used and any experiences/thoughts on the different people available.

Please PM if you don't want to comment in a public forum.

I'm just interested to know who uses who and why

seabiscuit

Visit site
Gavin Schofield does a clinic at hoplands every month.
He is currently at WEG and does Carl Hesters ,Rod Powells, and the Loriston Clarke horses.
He is a healer/osteopath and Boy does he do some amazing stuff! Sometimes you notice a huge difference in one session and sometimes it takes a few sessions.

As for muscles- Penny Hooper at Hoplands- she goes through the whole body looking at every single muscle and its movement, massaging the spasm out- she is amazing too.

Tempi

Visit site
Amanda Sutton, she was Physio to the GB team and is Physio to numerous top dressage/event riders. Definately definately recommend her 100%. She comes out to Bloss every 6 months and is fab. il Pm you her number
smile.gif

JaneyB

Visit site
Ok, thanks everyone for your replies and PM's. Seabis, why don't you use Gavin if you rate him so much? PM me if you like
grin.gif

RachelB

Visit site
My horse's chiro is (well, was, I haven't had her to see new one yet) Ginnie Ince. I don't know exactly what she is classed as, but I know she does electrotherapy. Little box on a shoulder bag, pad things on the horse, muscles twitch for about ten minutes (horses love it, it's really strange!). I like her as she really looks over the horse first and trots them up to see everything moving, then she works her magic and sticks her little box on, and stretches and manipulates everything. It really helped my last horse, she was so tense and worried about everything and had numerous saddle problems which made her back bad, but Ginnie's visits helped Lily to feel more comfortable and she began to relax and get easier to ride (helped by my new saddler). Ginnie is also always happy to explain what she's doing, I had a chiro out once to Lily who just got on with it, took my money and left. Worst £10 I've saved.
I don't have any contact details though, sorry! Boss might, her sister uses Ginnie (she reccommended her to me).

siennamiller

Visit site
I use her sister liz hadland and caitlin mcaffery who works with her. They are both fantastic, work in the same way and are alot cheaper
I have a number if you need

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
I use Ginnie Ince, (she's fab) about twice a year. I also use Gemma Mitchel (Equine Sports Massage therapist), she gives Sparks a massage every two week. pm if you want contact details for either/both.