Pictures Back on board (again)

Wimbles

Visit site
Unfortunately the festive period has been a bit of a write off for me. My lack of immune system has been very difficult to manage lately and I have spent far too much time being poorly and not on my horses! Just over a week before Christmas I was struck down with proper full blown flu and despite the antibiotics that I have to take constantly this turned into a chest infection. None of this was nice but then I sneezed in a big way and sent my back into spasm, meaning that the next day I couldn't even turn over in bed. When you live on your own this is truly terrifying and I felt very scared and alone. My best friend who is amazing came in the early hours to get me out of bed so that I could just get to the toilet :(

Anyway I was pretty much useless all over Christmas and had to have help on my days mucking out etc. Ever since we lost my Dad, it's fair to say that I struggle with Christmas so going out with the Bloodhounds on Boxing Day is basically my highlight. The clouds cleared and the sun came out just as they were due to meet as I sat on my special chair in the lounge at home and I had a bit of a sob.

Fast forward to yesterday. My chest was feeling better, my back wasn't too bad, so I thought that I could at least make the effort to tart my horse up and go and see them off and maybe do the first line or two at the New Year's Day meet on what was a lovely sunny day in the most beautiful countryside. What I hadn't banked on though, was that my new mare, who is a seasoned pro in the hunting field, would be quite as keen as she was to be back out.

Normally they would set off at a brisk trot down the lane but instead they set off over the fields and my mare quite literally took hold down the hill and nothing I could do was going to stop her, despite the sizeable breaks that I had armed myself with. I honestly feared for my life for a bit and quite frankly felt like crying. This was not what I had planned!!! I'm used to Dangerous Brian who was polite and slow! When they finally pulled up I was probably a bit pale and told my friend that I wanted to head back. Not a chance!! She plied me with alcohol and told me to get a grip and relax. From there on in I just had the best time, my mare is incredible and was so brave at the walls, even when I was bricking myself! I felt so proud to be on her, I can now completely see her beauty, even if she was a bit of a keen bean!

Today I am suffering. EVERYTHING hurts, everything that is, apart from my damn back! Go figure!

Attachments

• 20190101_190623_resized_1.jpg
    20190101_190623_resized_1.jpg
    356.5 KB · Views: 87
  • 20190101_133213_resized_1.jpg
    20190101_133213_resized_1.jpg
    354.7 KB · Views: 86
  • 20190101_142111_resized.jpg
    20190101_142111_resized.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 72

Bernster

Visit site
Ooh sounds like a grim time but I’m so glad you got out and that you had a blast. Good on your friend for encouraging (forcing?!) you 😁

The Trooper

Visit site
I'm glad you're feeling better, i'm really sorry Christmas was so rubbish for you but i'll be honest, i did have a chuckle reading about your day out hunting. Sounds like fun to me!

SEL

Visit site
Sounds like your lovely mare yanked your back into place! Glad you had a good outing and you're beginning to feel more human. It's tough being ill at any time, but somehow feels worse over Xmas when we're all supposed to be full of Xmas cheer instead of lemsip.

Here's to a better 2019! Xx