Back People - Pelvis out .....

Not_so_brave_anymore

Visit site
I guess it must be quite unusual for horse to be perfectly symmetrical and have everything in perfect alignment? (based on how wonky most humans are!) Probably "your horse is displaying a perfectly normal degree of malalignment, but I could make them more comfortable and stop it progressing any further by loosening /working on a particular set of muscles" would be a better way to phrase it than just "the pelvis is out"!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
My mare really has put her pelvis out.

This happened early in lockdown #1. No definite diagnosis as to what she’s done even after a full scan, but whatever she’s done, it’s ‘big’ - vet’s term. She must have gone splat in the field.

She was already wonky, and she’s even wonkier now. My chiro vet has been brilliant, and by reducing the spasm she was in has made her a lot more comfortable and straighter than she was after the initial injury.. She worked in conjunction with regular vet, who medicated her hocks with gel injection and also her SI joints.

Mare has learnt to cope with her new wonkiness very well, and chiro vet reckons that she should able to come back into light hacking work. She is officially the wonkiest horse on her books, though...

View attachment 63642

Ooh, TP, thats not good, is it? :( that's a fair old tilt going on there!

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Ooh, TP, thats not good, is it? :( that's a fair old tilt going on there!
Well, she always has been a bit wonky, but before this at least her pelvis was level.

Chiro vet thinks that it’s probably because she’s used to being wonky before that she’s adjusted to her new normal so well, better than less wonky horses would have. She shows none of the Sue Dyson pain indicators, she’s a happy bunny (as long as she’s not hungry).

If she’s going to be up for gentle tootling about the countryside, that’ll be grand. I’ll leave sitting on her til this Covid thing has settled down, though, just in case she objects to being ridden (mustn't put unnecessary strain on the NHS, and all that).

Errin Paddywack

Visit site
In the late 80's I used Ronnie Longford on a couple of my horses. He was 'the' person to go to then and was one of the founders of the Mctimoney technique. I later took my two collies to him in the early 2000's. He was ancient by then. He treated one dog, examined the other and said nothing wrong so no charge. I just googled him and to my amazement found out that he only died beginning Dec 2020 aged 100. Incredible man. He treated people as well and told us about one client who moved to Devon but still came back to him for treatment.

oldie48

Visit site
In the late 80's I used Ronnie Longford on a couple of my horses. He was 'the' person to go to then and was one of the founders of the Mctimoney technique. I later took my two collies to him in the early 2000's. He was ancient by then. He treated one dog, examined the other and said nothing wrong so no charge. I just googled him and to my amazement found out that he only died beginning Dec 2020 aged 100. Incredible man. He treated people as well and told us about one client who moved to Devon but still came back to him for treatment.
The physio I use was trained by Ronnie, trained as a human physio initially then went to Ronnie for further training. I think he was her godfather or some other relation. She uses mcTimoney techniques along side physio and also a variety of machines like my human physio does. One of my friends used Ronnie in the 80's and had nothing but praise for him, he was a bit of a legend.

oldie48

Visit site