Back Problem?

marinitagsd

www.marinita-sportshorses.com
My daughter has been having problems with her horse when riding him. He started a few weeks ago to buck when being ridden and kick his back legs out. I have ridden him today and felt he was really tense and kept sticking his nose in the air, I also felt that his back seemed raised and tense, he also bucked a few times, he didn't seem happy at all. We have owned him for nearly two years and his schooling has been coming on very well, he changed yards about 6 weeks ago and thats when the problem started.
My first thought is he has done something to his back, any ideas??
Thanks
Anita

bushbaby28

Visit site
Could be back or saddle? Mine starts bucking and poking his nose out as soon as his saddle doesnt fit.

OR he could just be tense following the change of yards and might settle down, but always best to get back and saddle checked annually anyway I think.

nijinsky

www.xaraymax.co.uk
I would be inclined to get a physio or chiropractor out to look at him. I personally prefer chiros and would recommend a McTimoney Chiropractors if there's one in your area.

gummybear

Visit site
Would defiantely get physio out, or possibly the vet to have a look at him. if it is really out of character, he could have slipped in the field playing or something. My horse got cast in January in his stable and put his back out - and was similar in his reactions when riding, tense through his back, kicking out, reluctant to go forwards. Lots of physio treatment and gentle exercise and he has now improved.