Back to basics?

maddielove

Visit site
well, after moving yards and having a kick in the field i have decided maddie's break is going to come to an end.
the pas 3 weeks she has been in very light work [schooling 2-3 times a week and maybe a hack]
before this we were working on getting on the bit and lowering her nose and hopefully going to start jumping as well.
having a few problems with her listening to my hands and she has been really hanging on the bit as well.
presently she is in a dutch gag as i found with a snaffle she was harder to break and hung her head[but didn't pull or anything]. but now i think i have sussed out her breaks and can work with her a little better..and i think the fact she aint very keen with her bit is stopping us...but i could be wrong.
hopefully going to start lessons with her at the riding school nearby..but they have strangles at the mo so it not possible yet so wil be getting more tuition with her.
so anyway..do you think a snaffle might be more applealing for her?
all help very appreciated xx

maddielove

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
well, after moving yards and having a kick in the field i have decided maddie's break is going to come to an end.
the pas 3 weeks she has been in very light work [schooling 2-3 times a week and maybe a hack]

[/ QUOTE ]
oops..the kick and moving yards thing was more than 3 weeks ago..realised thast didn't make much sense!
her break has been the three weeks since then!
blush.gif
sorry!