Bad Mother!

Agent XXX999

Visit site
Ahhhh I am such a bad mother!

So I was riding last night and Bruce was being a pain – kept coming above the bit and being tanky etc. Being the stubborn mule I am I stayed on till he worked properly and I got some nice work out of him… not a lot but just enough to leave me satisfied that I wasn’t leaving it on a bad note.

I then got off and when I took his saddle off I realised that he had got a really sore bit on his withers…rubbed raw, about the size of a 5p piece. I felt so guilty that I could have cried! I have never maimed my horse before and felt really bad (especially because I thought it was him, but now realise that he was trying to tell me something was rubbing him)

My saddle has been checked recently, and I am really conscious of making sure the numnah is bulled up into the gullet of the saddle. The only thing I can think of is that the numnah wrinked under his saddle and caused the rubbing.

So now I feel hideously guilty (and he just wants his hay, he is completely not bothered!)

So just wanted to pour my guilt out on here…sorry.

vicster

Visit site
Awe don't blame yourself you weren't to know. I have had really bad saddle trouble in the past so i check everything is in the right place too. Maybe he has changed shape slightly - they can do so in the shortedt amoutn of time you know x

Forget_Me_Not

Visit site
Look at it this way you'll be all the wiser next time... so realy your now an even better mummy
smile.gif

Jemayni

Visit site
Awww your poor horse shame on you
wink.gif
!

I did similar thing last year I couldn't understand why my beautiful dressage horse had turned into a stubborn unco-operative donkey, so I rode him through it, only to get off and find he'd bit his cheek which was bleeding quite badly - I fewlt terrible for weeks afterwards
blush.gif

jayvee

Visit site
Your'e not alone, we've all done things we feel really bad about.
I once went hunting all day on my mare, got home and I forgot to put her big hay net in! Disscovered this the following morning!! Poor girl ate nothing all day only to be further starved all night. And I felt sooooo bad I nearly cried. Never did I ever forget again.
Forget-me-not is right, you can only be a better mum onwards from life experiences.