Bad News - Murph has to have 6 weeks off

Niamhy

photobucket.com

I went away on hols for 2 weeks and murph was a bit lame when i came back. Vet wasnt sure so took x-rays. He has side bones on both sides of his foot, ringbone on one side, and a growth pressing into the back of his knee causing slight carpal tunnell, all in his near fore.

I dunno it doesnt look good, hes to have 6-8 weeks off, and if it settles down, then we will see how he is and decided what to do re shoes etc. Or what to do.

Im devasted, but trying to stay positive. Im going to ride Yos mare who is doing nothing at the moment. She has a horrible short neck, so she'll stop me leaning forward going into jumps anyway!! (Im trying to look on the bright side here)

Keep your fingers crossed everyone please!

sleepingdragon10

Visit site
Oh Niamhy!!
frown.gif

Sorry to hear that. Fingers crossed that the rest does him good and he's back fit and raring to go in no time
smile.gif

Bethxx

Hornby

Visit site
What a shame, N, after all your triumphs this year (on a selfish note, nice to hear from you - I thought maybe you had got too confident and professional for this forum) ....just joking!

cariadssogreat

Visit site
Fingers and toes crossed - I am devastated for you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I have Masta Lightweight Turnout Rugs and Masta Neck Covers, all new and all desparate for new homes! All clearence and all stupidly cheap! £38 per rug incl p&p, £15 per neck cover incl p&p. PM me for details, most sizes available

Fiona

Visit site
All fingers etc crossed for you pet. The best of luck. I know what it's like this summer to have a horse out of action. Think positive - vet told me to retire Ben when he injured his knee, and now look at him (4 years on).

Fiona

4whitesocks

Visit site
Oh Niamh this is seriously pants....am so so sorry to hear about Murphy....am crossing all my fingers (which can make it a tad difficult to type) that he'll be ok....
And if you're ever down Kildare direction during his recovery period you're more than welcome to come & ride Sid!

Niamhy

photobucket.com
[ QUOTE ]
And if you're ever down Kildare direction during his recovery period you're more than welcome to come & ride Sid!

[/ QUOTE ]

Aww thank you!!!

And thanks for all the good wishes guys!!