bad omen - please tell me I'm being silly

LeneHorse

Visit site
I have a little horse charm on a silver neck chain which I have worn constantly since my friends gave it to me for my 50th a few years ago. This morning it broke - the little ring which was attached to the horse snapped, so I can't thread it back on to the chain.
I can't help feeling that this is a bad omen and means that something is going to happen to my girl.
Please tell me I'm being a silly superstitious old bag :(

Theocat

Visit site
You are being a silly superstitious old bag! :D

Don't worry - it was just a piece of jewellery that broke. I'm sure a jeweller can fix it for you, but it isn't an omen!

La Fiaba

hosteldog.blogspot.com
I don't believe in omens, but my OH does and I can't say he's always been right! Sometimes he see's something and doesn't know whether to interpret it as good or bad. If you are very worried I would keep a close eye on her, first sign of anything get the vet, but I wouldn't worry yourself sick over it.

guido16

Visit site
The fact that you say you have worn it constantly answers your own question. It has simply worn down.

Don't worry. Get a jeweller to try and fix it so you can wear it for years to come. Just be happy it didn't happen when you weren't looking and lost it.

quirky

Visit site
If your horse was ill before and had a miraculous recovery when you received the necklace, I could maybe understand your irrational thoughts.

As it is, I think it's bonkers to think like that!

LeneHorse

Visit site
I think I'm just a bit over sensitive about things like this as she has Cushings and I feel as if we are living on borrowed time sometimes :(
Most of the time I just get on with it but with it being New Year I can't help wondering if I'll still have her this time next year

Marydoll

Visit site
New year, new necklace, positive thoughts and long happy healthy lives to you both :D.
Dont look for the negative or you will find it, look for the positive and get that instead.