Badger is a hairy boy already!! Howare yours coming along?

Starbucks

Visit site
I can't believe how hairy he is!! Caffrey and Tully still have their lovely summer coats and Badger is getting very fluffy!!
confused.gif

We've (hopefully) got an event next week and he's gonna look a bit of a scrubber with another week of growth I reckon, but he doesn't like being clipped - and is it too early??

kazs

Visit site
my boys getting way too hairy for the time of year, we go out and he comes back lathered, he dosnt like the clippers and not sure if hes ever been clipped but think i might have to clip him, dont have 2 hours to wait till he dries.
grin.gif

Starbucks

Visit site
I was saying to dad - I think it is the cart horse coming out in Badger!
tongue.gif
We don't clip his legs and he has mega mega fluffy legs in the winter!
tongue.gif
i think it looks cute - and good protection!
grin.gif

Big up the hairy horses!
grin.gif

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Won't be clipping til the mid-end of october. Clipping = having to stable them, and I am far too lazy to do that any earlier than absolutely necessary! They will just have to look like the dirty bog monsters they are for a while longer.

Although can't wait for the full clip, full (rambo) rugs = constant nice shiny horse = little grooming!
grin.gif

eekmon

Visit site
Clipped mine on Fri! He was getting hairy plus down here we are having some very hot days, fed up with a dripping ned and hosing down so off it came. So much better when I rode yesterday. Luckily its so warm hes gone out naked and only needed a fleece on at night.

RachelB

Visit site
Lots of horses I know have been clipped. My pony is a woolly mammoth already too but I can't justify clipping her for 3/4 days of hacking a week, however much I hate having a woolly pony! My horses at work are due to be clipped soon too, it's just not fair on them making them sweat so much every day IMO.

blackcob

🖖
Visit site
Mine will be clipped before the 5th of October as we have a hunter trial that day. She is getting very woolly and sweating profusely on hacks already so can't wait!

Irishcobs

Visit site
One of mine is really hairy and is being clipped on Weds. We have two at work being clipped on Mon. The rest all still have their summer coats.

frazzled

Visit site
our very fine little one has only just lost last years clip lines, maybe he knows something about the weather we don't. He now has a lovely summer coat.

BlackWhite381

Visit site
Thinking of clipping my boy next weekend he has been clipped all through the summer but hasn't been being ridden because he has lost a shoe and now his coat is coming through all fluffy already
wink.gif

Pidge

Visit site
Pidge has gone very fluffy on his belly and neck though am holding back from clipping as long as possible...............

Nari

Visit site
Jim's already got more winter coat than he normally grows & Little Un's looking quite fluffy. I'm trying to hold off clipping a bit longer but it's looking like it will be sooner rather than later.

jesterfaerie

Visit site
Stylo has been getting quite fluffy for a while now.
He is growing his winter coat over his back and quarters but the rest of him seems to be still be his summer coat.
I am hoping he will be a bit fluffier in 3 weeks as I was hoping to have him clipped out then.

Fransurrey

Visit site
Mine started theirs at the end of July, but both being natives, they've STILL got a long way to go. Henry's legs have started to go more tan than black, meaning the longer guard hairs are coming through. Oh eck!