Badminton Campsite

bubsqueaks

Visit site
Did anybody on here camp at Badminton this year?
If so interested to hear how organized it was please as desperate to go next year.
Were the pitches marked out - was it noisy & chaotic - did you get an allocated space?
Thank you

Stenners

Visit site
I didn't camp this year but camp for 4/5 consecutive years before covid both in a tent and in a caravan. All pitches are marked out and on booking you select if you have a tent or a caravan and if you have a generator or not. That will then depend what field you are allocated, they then allocate you a pitch in that field and they are all numbered. On arrival you are given a map of the campsite with directions to your pitch. I've never found it noisy and chaotic. Showers and toilets can get quite busy at peak times (first thing in the morning and early evening when everyone comes back).

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Pitches are marked, and they are very particular that you don't go over your pitch space at all and they will tell you to shut up if it's getting late. (I don't do noisy or chaotic :), generally it's a nice atmosphere IME which was a few years ago now, but consecutive years with other hhoers :).
Biggest down are the showers ;)

willowblack

Visit site
We stayed this year! 5 nights, mums holiday and it was fabulous!

Pitches are booked at the time of booking, you can select where you’d prefer. All pitches were marked out.

The campsite wasn’t particularly rowdy. Some noise when they start to return from the lakeside at about 11:00pm but that’s it.

Northern Hare

Visit site
The campsite looked huge when I drove past at the weekend! I camped years and years ago the year that everyone got sunburnt on the Thurs/Fri and then it snowed on the Saturday!

I took a screen shot of the campsite diagram from the ticketing website when the Box Office opened in Jan - the individual pitches are selectable on the website - similar to choosing your seat at a concert etc! The sections of the campsite in grey had already sold out at that point.

As far as orientation is concerned, I believe that the woods at the top of the diagram shows the track that takes you over the footbridge and leads up towards the house and showground - the top right of the diagram.
Badminton Campsite 2022 with Numbers.JPG

ETA: I've just found some more info ref the 2022 pricing, so this was only for this year, but may be useful for planning for 2023!....

Campsite
Each pitch booked includes two x 5 day Campsite/Admission badges giving access to the Campsite and Event Grounds and one x 5 day Campsite/Event Car Pass. Children 12 years and under free admission to the Campsite and Event Grounds (no ticket required). Dogs are welcome on the campsite but must be kept on a lead at all times.

There are no electric hook up's. The use of Generators is permitted throughout the Campsite but must be switched off during quiet hours (11.00pm - 6.30am).

If your vehicle is larger than a small or standard pitch please telephone the Box Office for prices and special arrangements -

Caravans, Horseboxes & Motorhomes Standard Pitch (7m x 8m) – £295
Choose Field 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 11

Small Tents Small Pitch (4m x 5m) – £215
Choose Field 2A or 9

Larger Tents Standard Pitch (7m x 8m) – £295
Choose Field 6, 7, 8 or 10

Last edited:

ester

Visit site
yup you're right about the woods.... the birds get a bit noisy about 5.30 am lol.

I had a fb memory of the year we all had to decamp on the saturday night as most of the tents had blown away during XC day- ours actually hadn't but we weren't 100% sure it wouldn't half way through the night (and it wasn't going to be the best nights sleep- I had already declared we were going to be going 'out' for tea as I wasn't going to try and cook in it). As we had several people localish enough to put us up for the night (tbf could also have made it home) we went for that option - I rocked up at my sisters who was living in bristol at the time.

The tent was still there in the morning though tbf!

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
I’ve never been able to work out where the camp site is. Where is it in relation to the course? Is it inside the road? Or across it where they do the grass roots dressage? Is it a long walk to the shopping village?

bubsqueaks

Visit site
The campsite looked huge when I drove past at the weekend! I camped years and years ago the year that everyone got sunburnt on the Thurs/Fri and then it snowed on the Saturday!

I took a screen shot of the campsite diagram from the ticketing website when the Box Office opened in Jan - the individual pitches are selectable on the website - similar to choosing your seat at a concert etc! The sections of the campsite in grey had already sold out at that point.

As far as orientation is concerned, I believe that the woods at the top of the diagram shows the track that takes you over the footbridge and leads up towards the house and showground - the top right of the diagram.
View attachment 92481

ETA: I've just found some more info ref the 2022 pricing, so this was only for this year, but may be useful for planning for 2023!....

Campsite
Each pitch booked includes two x 5 day Campsite/Admission badges giving access to the Campsite and Event Grounds and one x 5 day Campsite/Event Car Pass. Children 12 years and under free admission to the Campsite and Event Grounds (no ticket required). Dogs are welcome on the campsite but must be kept on a lead at all times.

There are no electric hook up's. The use of Generators is permitted throughout the Campsite but must be switched off during quiet hours (11.00pm - 6.30am).

If your vehicle is larger than a small or standard pitch please telephone the Box Office for prices and special arrangements -

Caravans, Horseboxes & Motorhomes Standard Pitch (7m x 8m) – £295
Choose Field 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 11

Small Tents Small Pitch (4m x 5m) – £215
Choose Field 2A or 9

Larger Tents Standard Pitch (7m x 8m) – £295
Choose Field 6, 7, 8 or 10

Thats fab thank you - obviously the grey areas are the most popular spots but cant fathom why!?

Polos Mum

Visit site
I’ve never been able to work out where the camp site is. Where is it in relation to the course? Is it inside the road? Or across it where they do the grass roots dressage? Is it a long walk to the shopping village?

It is a bit of a walk but not much. It's through the entrance which was next to the dog food jump this year (fence 7?).
Then along a track - over the bridge over the road and into the woods were there are multiple entries into the camping area depending on which camping field you are in.

I think some fields are more party areas than others. I'm old and like sleep so field 11 is perfect for us - only noise is generators and the odd owl

Annagain

Visit site
I understand why, but it's a shame you can't book for just a few nights. I don't love crowds and get bored with the shopping once I've been round once so I think 3 days / 2 nights would be the absolute max for me. I know there are other local campsites but it would be nice not to have to drive.

Polos Mum

Visit site
I understand why, but it's a shame you can't book for just a few nights. I don't love crowds and get bored with the shopping once I've been round once so I think 3 days / 2 nights would be the absolute max for me. I know there are other local campsites but it would be nice not to have to drive.

You don't have to go for all nights, this year there were plenty of people arriving on Friday night (I presume after work). Even at £150 a night (if you only stayed 2 nights) between four of you it's not that expensive.

Annagain

Visit site
You don't have to go for all nights, this year there were plenty of people arriving on Friday night (I presume after work). Even at £150 a night (if you only stayed 2 nights) between four of you it's not that expensive.

I suppose not - and I could probably get someone to take the admission badges for a day or two as well to pass on some of the cost. It would probably be just two of us though as I have a (small) campervan that only sleeps two. You might get one more in on the floor but it would be very snug, especially if it rains!

ester

Visit site
The woods you walk through are sort of huntsman’s close (thats more top left of the map. you walk in past the kennels. How long it takes depends very much what field you are in, 10 min ish if you’re in the closest one.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Thank you.

Annagain I’ve regularly camped at Bramham and it was never that busy Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday. I used to get a shock on Friday evening when I returned to the campsite and it had filled up! Obviously Saturday is busy everywhere, but when we’ve done Burghley on the Sunday we’ve never reserved seats, just watched on the big screens and watched the warmup arena. It’s also a lovely and quiet time to shop while everyone is in the grandstands- and prices tend to get reduced then too!
(I’m not a crowd fan either. That’s why we prefer Bramham- you can camp right next to the Xc course if you get the front row, so open space in front)

ester

Visit site
Also not a crowd fan been known to head off back to the campsite in the day for a bit ;) .
We tended to watch the screens on xc day too having walked the course in the previous days. To me camping makes it feel like there’s less of a rush every day. Have done Blenheim a couple of times too and that’s fab, quieter campsite wise.

RachelFerd

www.facebook.com
We did it in 2019, staying in the horsebox. Well organised and great fun. As someone who does quite a lot of music festivals, the showers were comparatively excellent!