Badminton Grass Roots Query

flyingfeet

Visit site
If some just entered the BE100 at Dauntsey on saturday and won it, would they have qualified for the Grass Roots final? I cannot make head nor tail of the BE website!

Fourlegsgood

Visit site
If it was the BE100RF section then the answer is YES! If it was one of the other BE100 sections then the answer is that the section winner and the others within the top 10% have qualified for one of next years Regional Finals.

Hels_Bells

Visit site
I raised this with BE earlier in the year and got the same answer as 4LG just provided. You have qualified for RF next year, so you would only be able to get to badminton in 2012 at the earliest!!! It's a real bummer as I'm in the same boat!

Could I also hijack this thread and ask another question?! I am planning to start Novice next season all being well. If we get Novice points would this then discount us from being able to do BE100RF and consequently grass roots etc???

DarkHorseB

Visit site
Yes as soon as you get a single point you cannot do RF or qualify for Badminton as far as I understand it. Hence why a lot seem to stay in BE100 for longer than they used to. Especially with 3 wins rule being dropped now.

HannahHDEventing

Visit site
Yes as soon as you get a single point you cannot do RF or qualify for Badminton as far as I understand it. Hence why a lot seem to stay in BE100 for longer than they used to. Especially with 3 wins rule being dropped now.

I might be wrong, but I had a quick read of the rule book, and if the horse starts the season as a grade 4 (no points), qualifies for the regional final in the spring, it can then do the regional final later that season and qualify for the final. Even if in the meantime it upgrades and gets points. Is that correct?

TheoryX1

Visit site
Santa you are so right on that one. We had one very, very disappointed young lady, as going on her BE100 results last year and the BE100pluses she did this year, she may have stood a fighting chance of getting to Badders. I think its no more than 5 points, and you are correct, as long as the horse is a grade 4 when it competes at the RF, you can attain some points afterwards.

She is over that now, and for next year is focussing on getting into our region's JRN team for the finals at Weston Park and getting a 1* under her belt.

However, if you have got to Badminton, well done you, enjoy it and we will be thinking of you.

HannahHDEventing

Visit site
Santa you are so right on that one. We had one very, very disappointed young lady, as going on her BE100 results last year and the BE100pluses she did this year, she may have stood a fighting chance of getting to Badders. I think its no more than 5 points, and you are correct, as long as the horse is a grade 4 when it competes at the RF, you can attain some points afterwards.

She is over that now, and for next year is focussing on getting into our region's JRN team for the finals at Weston Park and getting a 1* under her belt.

However, if you have got to Badminton, well done you, enjoy it and we will be thinking of you.

I understand it now, thanks for that.

Hels_Bells

Visit site
Yes, thanks so much for clarifying! As much as I would love to go to Badders, getting to Novice and moving on from there too is more of a goal I want to achieve. So I guess we will just do our best and if we are lucky enough to get points "in the way" we will just suffer it!!! :D

LoNatalie

Visit site

Good luck for JRN teams next year, I hope your selector is nice and actually considers you unlike my region who choses before the comps begin. I came 2nd in 2, and not considered. Said my SJ isnt consistent enough, the next day i won a senior newcomers.. hmmmm.

oh well. Im off to Aldon Int to do a CIC* before i sell my horse.

just tell MiniTX not to focus on impressing them, do it for herself as I was really depressed and fed up when I found out i wasnt on the team. but i focus on impressing myself now, and I actually enjoyed eventing a lot more!!!

TheoryX1

Visit site
Good luck for JRN teams next year, I hope your selector is nice and actually considers you unlike my region who choses before the comps begin. I came 2nd in 2, and not considered. Said my SJ isnt consistent enough, the next day i won a senior newcomers.. hmmmm.

oh well. Im off to Aldon Int to do a CIC* before i sell my horse.

just tell MiniTX not to focus on impressing them, do it for herself as I was really depressed and fed up when I found out i wasnt on the team. but i focus on impressing myself now, and I actually enjoyed eventing a lot more!!!

What a huge shame for you. However, isnt there something in the rules regarding this? Thanks for the advice and best of luck at Aldon. We were going to take Mini TX there, but will be finishing up at Larkhill instead. I will pass on your thoughts and once again, what a shame, but I am sure greater things await you as all things happen for a reason. Good luck.