Badminton - traffic / queues?

poacher82

Visit site
Just wondering from anyone there today what the access/traffic queues have been like? Going tomorrow and wondering if our plans are early enough (aiming at 9.30 arrival)! Any intel appreciated please…

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I’m going tomorrow and have been wondering the same. I’d like to see the Shetland grand national at 10.30
According to daughter we are leaving at 7am it’s about an hour from us.
have a good day!

asmp

Visit site
We drove straight in today at about 9.15 and straight out at 4.30pm! We were very surprised.

Don’t forget to go to the BP stand opposite the scoreboard to get your free passionfruit and orange ice cream - very nice ?

ETA if you like the Rambo beekeeper fly masks, Hope Saddlery have them for £20 on their stall.

Last edited:

poiuytrewq

Visit site
We drove straight in today at about 9.15 and straight out at 4.30pm! We were very surprised.

Don’t forget to go to the BP stand opposite the scoreboard to get your free passionfruit and orange ice cream - very nice ?

ETA if you like the Rambo beekeeper fly masks, Hope Saddlery have them for £20 on their stall.
Oh fab thank you for that.
I was looking at the Rambo hoods online today!
icecream sounds good too!

Northern Hare

Visit site
When I was driving to Badminton this morning along the M4, there were signs to say that the M4 between J6 (Slough/Windsor) and J8/9 (Maidenhead) is due to be closed for works this Sat/Sun. Not great timing for Badminton weekend! ?

I'm sure there'll be diversions in place, but it would be worth leaving extra time for those traveling to Badminton.

Here's the link to the National Highways webpage with details, and below is a screenshot.

https://nationalhighways.co.uk/our-work/south-east/m4-junctions-3-12-smart-motorway/
Screenshot_20220505-204024-731.png

poiuytrewq

Visit site
How important is the car pass being printed and displayed?
I’ve just realised I forgot to get it printed today and my own printer is broken ?

Dustygirl

Visit site
I’m now worrying about travel on Saturday!! Have always camped before so easier. It’s a good 2 1/2 hour drive for us.

Bobthecob15

Visit site
I’m now worrying about travel on Saturday!! Have always camped before so easier. It’s a good 2 1/2 hour drive for us.
Its just under 2hrs for us. We're just going to leave as early as we can with kids and hope for the best!! The queues in 2019 were really bad when the masses tried to get in at 10 onwards so I think just aim for as early as possible...im sure I read that they have changed the location of the entrance to try and manage it better?

MuddyMonster

Visit site
When I was driving to Badminton this morning along the M4, there were signs to say that the M4 between J6 (Slough/Windsor) and J8/9 (Maidenhead) is due to be closed for works this Sat/Sun. Not great timing for Badminton weekend! ?

I'm sure there'll be diversions in place, but it would be worth leaving extra time for those traveling to Badminton.

Here's the link to the National Highways webpage with details, and below is a screenshot.

https://nationalhighways.co.uk/our-work/south-east/m4-junctions-3-12-smart-motorway/
View attachment 92136

Thank you - I think that will affect me :(

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
The car pass scanner worked surprisingly well. It was very smooth arriving at 9.30 today.

Some of the Xc fences seemed incredibly easy for Badminton (a few horrific fences too, but overall it didn’t look as frightening as usual)

Northern Hare

Visit site
How important is the car pass being printed and displayed?
I’ve just realised I forgot to get it printed today and my own printer is broken ?

I'm not sure what day you're going, but I'd recommend you ring the Box Office to double check that a screen shot on your phone will be ok, just in case.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
? so I need to get it printed now!!
Supposed to be leaving in 10 and not yet fed horses, I’m great at working to a schedule ?

asmp

Visit site
Both of us didn’t have phone signal all day either which was frustrating as we couldn’t check prices. I’m on Giffgaff, daughter is with Virgin.

We also got sunburnt so take sunscreen ?

Steerpike

Visit site
EE worked there, I think I saw an article that EE had a temporary mast put up for badminton and I'm sure there was another phone company but I can't remember, sorry!

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
I did print it out, but badminton had replied to me on their Facebook page that tbey needed to scan the barcode, so a paper printout was best, but screenshot ok. They scanned my parking ticket and said “two people and a car pass” they never looked at the entry ticket or asked us to leave it on the window. I was actually impressed at the efficiency, it was the thing that worked best all day! Even the scoreboard kept jamming regularly.