Badminton virtually cancelled???

Sal_E

Visit site
Just heard from someone fairly 'in the know' at Badders, that an emergency riders' meeting has been called re ground conditions - apparently prior to the meeting it was looking like less than 10 riders would be going XC.

They're laying top soil at the moment but it's so shallow the grass is poking through. Is there ANYTHING they can possibly do at this late stage???

Blooody disaster.
frown.gif

spaniel

Visit site
Hmmm, Id take that with a pinch of salt just at the moment but its very worrying. Although none of us would want to see horses risked obviously.

If the team at Badminton cannot get the ground right then nobody can so lets try and stay positive.

Tempi

Visit site
what a complete nightmare - i cant believe they didnt think about this sooner tho, its riduculous. With the weather being like it is you wouldve thought something would have been done BEFORE the competition got underway
mad.gif

H-J

www.piczo.com
Oh sh*t!!! Havent said anything on Radio Badminton.

What a nightmare, theres been months to prepare the ground, spike it and water it as there was no rain.

This is so silly that in this day and age and a Badminton! Still people withdraw with bad ground in mind
crazy.gif

polyphonic

Visit site
if it is cancelled i will be very disapointed in the team for not getting the ground sorted sooner but praise riders for not risking it...FINGERS TOES AND EVERYTHING CROSSED PEEPS!

H-J

www.piczo.com
[ QUOTE ]
if it is cancelled i will be very disapointed in the team for not getting the ground sorted sooner but praise riders for not risking it...FINGERS TOES AND EVERYTHING CROSSED PEEPS!

[/ QUOTE ]

Will we get a refund for tickets already purchased for Sat!!!
grin.gif

TGM

Visit site
I know it has been incredibly dry but would have thought at somewhere like Badminton they would have the facilities and know-how to ensure the ground conditions are acceptable
confused.gif

H-J

www.piczo.com
[ QUOTE ]
Can some give more detail as to what you guys are talking about?? Has there been a lot of rain? or is it something else?

[/ QUOTE ]

No rain! thats the problem!

sunflower

Visit site
We all know how bad ground conditions have been this year. Just from reading posts on here it seems we went from waterlogged to brick-hard in about a week. You would have thought though that they would have kept on top of things, maybe started watering sooner, rather than wait until the riders arrived and pointed out how bad things were
confused.gif

k1963

Visit site
I wonder if the powers that be thought it was such a priveledge( sp ? ) to run there , they didn't consider that riders would be understandably reluctant to risk their horses legs ??????

Not trying to be controversial , but the attitudes of some BE officials are seriously dated !

Hope it goes ahead though - I always look forward to watching it .

Aleka81

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Oh sh*t!!! Havent said anything on Radio Badminton.

What a nightmare, theres been months to prepare the ground, spike it and water it as there was no rain.

This is so silly that in this day and age and a Badminton! Still people withdraw with bad ground in mind
crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

FAO Spiral:
Holly Jane actually says there is no rain earlier in the thread
tongue.gif

welshchick

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Lets all remain calm....this is only a rumour at the moment!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree - let's stay positive, and I'm sure that Hugh will let us know what's going on after the dressage.

[ QUOTE ]
they can assure as much as they like
If the riders won't ride there IS no competition

[/ QUOTE ]

Took the words out of my mouth!! They may still hold the competition as in allow people to run but they can't make the riders run!!

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
They were talking to someone, think it could have been Sharron Hunt, and she had been to the rider meeting, sounded like every track that could possibly be used, whatever option they take, would be thoroughly aerated (spl) so they would all be using those lines, didn't say anything about withdrawals. Did anyone else hear that or am I mistaken, it was in the lunch break?