Baffling sharer question

B&J

Visit site
"I want to share your horse but you'll have to move it to a yard near me (over 30 miles away) and I'll contribute with chores but not financially as I'm doing you a favour riding it"

..... um, is this a wind up?? :eek:

Greylegs

Visit site
There is only one answer to this and I'd get banned if I wrote it on here!! But it's two short words, the second of which is ..... off!!!! Who are they trying to kid? And if they're going to "contribute" to chores, does this mean they're expecting you to make a 60 mile round trip to do your own horse? Surely this is a wind up ...?!

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Hey, if you move your horse near me, and pay all costs and a bonus payment to me per time I ride it, then I would like to share too. I think it would benefit your horse hugely if you were to re-surface my yard, as we have had some standing water with all this rain, and I would like your horse to have dry feet.

Of course I would also expect a luxury lorry, and I will do you the favour of driving that too (providing you cover costs). I know lorries are better off driven than stood.

;-)

Last edited:

B&J

Visit site
I really couldn't believe it!! I could almost understand if it were a horse that needed schooling or something but she's a dope on a rope that's teaching my husband to ride and only advertising for a sharer in the hope that we'll find a competent rider to do all the fun things so she doesn't get bored plodding round with him all the time...... words failed me!!

niagaraduval

Visit site
When looking for a sharer for mine, I had numerous replies like this. You learn to just ignore the stupid replies and pick out the 'ok' ones !

I also had one where it was a 12 y/o girl that lived an hour away and could I go and pick her up and take her home ! (Horse is ex-racer needs an experienced rider and said no under 18s on ad).

rowan666

Visit site
I had a similar one a couple years ago when i put my shire up for full loan.. Girl asked could he move yards as shes got one in mind where her friend is, i said yes if its local, it then transpired she expected me to pay for her stable, feed, feet, vets etc and pay for her mums petrol to get her there but sometimes she would have to get the bus!?... WTF weirdo!!

OldNag

Wasting my time successfully....
Visit site
"I want to share your horse but you'll have to move it to a yard near me (over 30 miles away) and I'll contribute with chores but not financially as I'm doing you a favour riding it"

..... um, is this a wind up?? :eek:

It's half term!
Mind you some people really do want everything for nowt.

Ella19

Visit site
I had similar to a wanted ad for a new horse to event. I had

I have the perfect horse only he doesn't jump, but if you buy me a set of jumps and keep him here and pay for his stuff I can teach him!

And I can't loan him now but you can come and ride him occasionally for 8 months and pay for him and keep him here. I will keep him fit for you.They were over 30 miles away.

B&J

Visit site
Just had another one asking if she could compete and would I cover the costs and transport for this????? Think I might knock the sharer thing on the head and lunge her instead!!

Mince Pie

Visit site
I'd stick a really bluntly honest ad up : "sharer wanted, £25 per week financial contribution required, own transport essential, sharer expected to muck out/hay/feed/water on their days" for example and see if that weeds out the dross. Either that or re-advertise when the schools go back as it's half term!

B&J

Visit site
Think you're right there, I'll take the adverts down for a week or so then be very specific!

Mince Pie

Visit site
You could always look at the wanted ads as well, that's how I found my sharers and they're brilliant.

B&J

Visit site
I've had a look about but most are wanting taller, think that's half the issue as she's a pony I'm getting lots of kids asking before they've asked their parents :-/

Fides

Visit site
I've had a look about but most are wanting taller, think that's half the issue as she's a pony I'm getting lots of kids asking before they've asked their parents :-/

I always have 'under 18s - please ask your parents to contact me'. If they contact me they obviously can't follow instructions so I write them off straight away ;)

Finding the right sharer is a long slog :(

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site

Wow! That is a gem of a reply... how could you refuse such a good deal? :p

I agree with the other suggestions. Readvertise once half term is over and word your ad very carefully. You'll probably still have some deluded/idiotic/failed to read the ad replies, but hopefully you'll get some good replies too.

silverbullet

Visit site
I had something similar when looking for a sharer for my boy. When said person phoned to discuss the share I explained that I didn't want any financial contribution but the sharer would be expected to do his jobs (muck out etc. ) on the days they rode. Their reply was Oh I didn't realise you were just after a free groom....
I just laughed - what else can you do!!