baileys cooked cereal meal - for poor doer with delicate digestion?

gothdolly

Visit site
Hi there
Im looking for ways to put condition on my TB x who is a poor doer, and has a delicate digestion (loose droppings when feeds are too rich, grass changes, he gets stressed or when fed lots of alfalfa etc). Unmollased sugar beet/fibre beet goes straight through him... I came across baileys No.1 when searching for feeds - its says its easily digested... has anyone used it in this kind of situation?

Hes a stressy horse who weaves and is quite flighty
wink.gif

thanks in advance
smile.gif

Cassandra
edited to say: he has been seen by the vet since I bought him, wormed thoroughly and had teeth done and is on probiotic and a yeast supplement.

toomanyhorses26

Visit site
it does work really well we have had three aqt my yard on it at one time or another - two no issues with at all and the third turned into a fruit loop but she does have these tendencies anyway
smile.gif
top spec conditioning flakes are a good weight gain/condition feed as well

MerryMaker

Visit site
if he has delicate digestion and is a stress head then feeding a high cereal diet like the No.1 or Conditioning Flakes, whilst they are high in calories, is probably not the best idea as the horse is naturally designed to digest fibre - I would look for a fibre and oil based diet, ring round a few feed companys, i found winergy helpful for my mare who had ulcers and colic