Baileys low cal again sorry

Louby

Visit site
I swapped to this from top spec as my boys getting a bit porky and after reading the post lower down am now wondering if this is why hes turned into a loon. Maybe its the spring grass??
Hes so spooky and not nice to ride at the moment as hes so unpredictable.
Any one else had this problem with low cal

angiebaby

Visit site
Nope; but my normally spook free pony is a little jumpy atm; I think you just have to accept that spring is in the air!

You could always feed a magnesium based calmer, I read that the spookiness is something to do with lack of it in the grass.
Doesn't bother me, he only does a bambi impression
laugh.gif

pinktiger

Visit site
im no expert but had you said you switched from local to topspec, then there would be no doubt in my mind that it could make them sharper as it did with a horse i fed it to, but the other way round i really doubt it has that effect, i would say the same as above and say is the spring grass praps?!

Louby

Visit site
Thanks, maybe not the local afterall. I am going to try Topspec antilam next time just in case.

Pinktiger was it lo cal or topspec that heated your horse up. I changed from top spec to lo cal not the other way arround.
Thanks for replying.

Chumsmum

Visit site
My pony doesn't fizz up on Lo-Cal though he has been on his toes in this recent spell of cold/wind/rain - he is a complete dobbin in the sun, perhaps it's the sudden change in weather?

trendybraincell

Visit site
My boy fizzed up something chronic on Lo-cal, I made the switch to Top Spec Anti Lami and I've had no problems since...plus he looks in fab condition