baileys no 1

B

*bouncer*

a few people nave recomended baileys no 1, as bouncer has just started to lose a little condition. i brought a sack today. he currently is on dodson and horrell pasture mix, hifi and sugar beet. it says to add no 1 to his normal feed, but i dont know how much???
confused.gif

hadleigh

Visit site
I use Baileys for my old boy as it's easy for him to eat and digest. I use a scoop in morning and night feeds. Sorry don't know how much the sccop weighs!! He gets a scoop of Spillers senior conditioning mix a a scoop of the Baileys. He loves it.

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Think you're going to have to weigh it cos if I remember rightly, it's quite a heavy feed per scoop. If it's being used as a top up, depending on size of horse I would think it'll be between a half and a full scoop (Stubbs scoop) Be careful to introduce it gradually as some horses can take a while to get used to it and always feed a chaff as well as some sugar beet.
Why not try a handful and build up slowly over a week or two?

Louby

Visit site
Is this the one that looks like bread crumbs? Only asking as if it is I fed it once to underweight loopy TB and was told to be careful as it can send some loopy. Needless to say she stayed loopy and didnt put weight on.
Just a suggestion, why not just change your hifi for Alfa A. I found that a very good conditioning feed and its supposedly slow release.

Kelly1982

Visit site
I fed this to my TB, i think there are guidlines on the back but to be honest i just started of low and built it up (as you would do with any new feed) and when she started putting on weight i stopped. Think she was getting about 3 small scoops a day.

To be honest though my new horse dropped a bit of weight about 6 weeks ago, i changed her alpha-a to alpha-a oil and she started to gain weight instantly so i would try that. It has also made her coat really shiny.

aran

community.webshots.com
i'd follow the instructions on the bag - or phone baileys - they're very helpfull. However, before adding it I'd change your chaff to alfa and add oil into the diet plus the sugar beet and loose the mix - you can add a conditioning mix/bailey's then if needed.

The Virgin Dubble

Visit site
I will happily stand corrected, but isn't No 1 the same as 'wheat thirds'?

If so, it is excellent for weight gain BUT has a high phosphorus(sp?) ratio, so needs to be fed with a well balanced diet.

If it is thirds, then you can also buy it at less than half the price of it's branded counterpart, direct from the mill.
smile.gif

Topspec conditioning flakes do exactly the same thing, but are more balanced, and give the coat the most wonderful shine, so you might be better off using that product.