balance saddles

mrussell

Visit site
Ive tried one but for the money, I thought the WOW saddle offered a far better deal (and was far more comfy). I didnt feel any difference with the horses way of going in the Balance in the way I did with the WOW.
IMHO you could get the same effect as the Balance saddle (for a lot less money) by buying a saddle 2 sizes wider than you needed and shoving several prolite pads under it.....

mrussell

Visit site
also meant to say that (as far as I know) there are no top riders using Balance saddles......

Im sure someone will correct me if Im wrong...

and if you consider the idea that they are meant to free horses up and encourage better moevment, you would think they would be on every top riders shopping list. That to me, speaks volumes.

Jemayni

Visit site
I only ever used one once, on a massive cob , I am naturally a very crooked rider and unfortunatly the horses barrel, my pants position and the balance saddle, resulted in lots of saddle slipping!!!!

The owner of the horse had similar problems and sold the saddle on ebay shortly afterwards.

Farasi

Visit site
Hi, i've used balance saddles for a number of years now and really like them. I felt a big difference in my horses way of going, especially when i first tried the saddles. Why not ring your local fitter and ask if you could try them on your horse and make up you own mind. As for no top competition riders using balance saddles, i have no idea what saddles most riders use - do you?

Lynz25

Visit site
I've had my origional balance saddle for 12yrs now as my horse started not wanting to move into trot with his newly fitter traditional saddle. They are expensive new but you can get them second hand. With my TB which I bought last year I used a wintec saddle using the balance principle. We got him up to the extra wide gusset and now I have bought another 2nd hand balance saddle. In the last couple of years I've seen 2 been advertised so if you keep your eyes out you can get them. We are now trying to find another. I am now riding my mum's New Forest in my older horses one and his strides have really opened up since. Personally I find them much better than "traditional" fitting saddles.