Baloubet Du Rouet as an event sire?

juliehannah58

Visit site
It's very interesting, as I said I was going to use a son of Baloubet but was told he combined with my mare may be too sharp a foal, so instead I used a son of Alme, another selle francis from Galoubet lines, so closely related to Baloubet but mcuh, much calmer and easier going! As said, a lot comes from the mare as and my mare, although proven to 1.20/1.30m level herself, is very sharp to ride I was thinking a laid back stallion could be a good influence on her - here's hoping!!
shocked.gif
grin.gif

StaceyTanglewood

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
It's very interesting, as I said I was going to use a son of Baloubet but was told he combined with my mare may be too sharp a foal, so instead I used a son of Alme, another selle francis from Galoubet lines, so closely related to Baloubet but mcuh, much calmer and easier going! As said, a lot comes from the mare as and my mare, although proven to 1.20/1.30m level herself, is very sharp to ride I was thinking a laid back stallion could be a good influence on her - here's hoping!!
shocked.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like me and you had the same dilema !!!! but i did chose a son of baloubet (luckily who is calmer)

i hope your baby turns out as nice as mine is !!

Damien

Visit site
Well Opie that would be the thing, how many of the Studbook Managers would have done this, or had the time and possible inclination to research all the bloodlines..............

I think the idea was to take a flick through and see if any of the names of the horses who noted as "unkown" jumped out!

It wouldn't really take that long, honest!
grin.gif

christine48

Visit site
Anastasia, I know things do go in full circle, however I can't see the really heavy types coming back into fashion. In dressage and show jumping we are also tending to see more of the lighter more athletic types. Opie I know of a lot of horses in eventing that are of so called 'unknown breeding' because up until recently people didn't want to admit that they had warmblood in them bacause there was a certain amount of prejudice in eventing against warmbloods. Nowadays the dressage and show jumping phases are much more influential therefore better moving horses with some warmblood in them are gaining popularity.

Damien

Visit site
Right wasn't aware of that, but what I do have is more and more clients asking for warmbloods for eventing from the continent? I cannot claim it is a discipline I know anything about, so tend to stay clear and advise they look much closer to home lol

But I am noticing more and more Continental yards advertising their horses as eventers....... and when asked if they have anything suitable Numerous shoppers have said that they are very unlikely to win on the speed ticket because they are not the of boldest riders so are looking at picking up points in the jumping and dressage phases....... so their main criteria are warmbloods with a high percentage of blood but with scopier and more technical jumping ability and generaly flashier paces for dressage....... ?

Anastasia

www.morayfirthstud.co.uk
Memo, I am not necessarily saying that the older fashioned types will come back in, but there are still those "original" stallions out there, for instance Argentinus would not be classed as a "modern" stallion yet he throws stock that are superb in both dressage and jumping. "Donnerhall" was no light weight either, but his stock speak for themselves.

But if people are going to start getting lighter and lighter stock then they will eventually need to look back at a sire that gives more bone, as not everyone wants a lightweight horse.

christine48

Visit site
Anastasia,I agree One horse I really like by Argentinus is Armitage but he isn't as heavy as him. Argentinus does seem to throw some very good brood mares.

severnmiles

Visit site
But Arko is a lump! You'd never see him eventing so I doubt anyone would use Argentinus thinking they'd get an eventer...

christine48

Visit site
yes unfortunately he is a lump and definately would not be the type to breed event horses. That is why I believe the lighter framed more athletic types are here to stay. Even in dressage and show jumping these types seem to be gaining popularity.

Governor

Visit site
Baloubet Du Rouet is listed as €750 on the Zangersheide website? I'm not sure what kind of quantity thats for however.

I saw him on a DVD I was sent from Zanger and he is stunning but i'm not sure i'd use him for eventing. He's quite different from some of the other stallions on the Zanger website some of which I imagine would produce ok stock for eventing.

Governor

Visit site
I saw that just after I posted - On site only too I believe...nice trip to the Holland/Belgium border.

I think Gov has made me slightly biased to that place.