Banishing the Tweseldown Demons!

Hattikins

Visit site
Made a spur of the moment decision a fortnight ago to enter Tweseldown BE100 with Jack after a confidence boosting but rubbish on paper Pre Novice unaffiliated run at Mattingley over a beefy and technical track. Wasn't sure if it was a good idea having never had good luck at Tweseldown in the past 5 years! Namely (on various horses) 2007 20pen. XC, 2009 WD after dressage, 2010. jumped off XC(!!), 2011. Crashing horse fall and knocked myself out at the second fence in the intro due to deep ground causing Jack to misinterpret height of fence. So was this as our first BE100 together a good idea!!??

Well will keep it short and sweet as no photos to entertain you all with but bascially 35 dressage which we felt was harsh but I was super pleased with him as he was so much more rideable than normal (is this something to do with the fact I havent ridden him since Mattingley a fortnight ago as I've been at uni i wonder!). He then jumped a super super clear SJing after a dismal sloppy warm up (he was obviously saving his jumping springs!) round an up to height track. He then topped it off with a fab clear XC round a lovely meaty track and probably would have been placed had I not been taking it slightly steadier on the harder ground and, had he not decided to take a very unnecessary detour back to the white railings near the SJing in an attempt to rejoin his friends so we incurred 14ish time pens. All in all chuffed to bits with him and happy he's confident at BE100 :)

On another high, Hattie jumped double clear in her first CIC1* at Brigstock with Sam Penn and finished in 10th :D So happy happy weekend all round!

NR99

Visit site
Ahhh good for you, glad the demons are banished and what's a few time faults, easily eradicated when we have had some rain :)

star

Visit site
excellent result! I'm predicting one of those detours to the white rails tomorrow having had him do it to me twice while schooling there - cheeky beggars!

Rosiefan

Visit site
Whoop, fantastic to have that one under your belt. Well done the both of you.
Heard Hattie's name mentioned at Brigstock although I didn't see her and Sam - delighted to hear that she came 10th - what an achievement! It's fun being an owner ;)