Bank holiday weekend plans

Chippers1

Visit site
I haven't seen a weekend plans thread yet so here goes..

I have an unaffiliated ODE on Saturday (at Vale View on their fancy new all weather xc...) and am absolutely bricking it :( I always get like this when I haven't been out in a while and I don't know why. I know I can do it, I know he can do it and I enjoy it when I start but it's just the build up! And i'm only doing 70cm!!
We shall give it a go, i'm not aiming for anything particularly, just to go round and have fun.
My phases are all half an hour apart so i'm wondering what to do in between, get off and walk him a bit then have a quick warm up, stay on and pootle around the warm up...no idea! I think i'll just gauge it when i'm there, he's not he biggest fan of Vale view so walking him around might be the best option, just don't want to tire him.

Then have no other plans the rest of the weekend.

What are you all up to?

Bernster

Visit site
Ah must be Thursday then. I'm quite similar. I get tense at any competition/event but I've def found that I'm less of a gurgle-y mess since I've been going out more frequently in the last few months. Focus on what you can control - what are your 3 aims, what do you want to work on, remind yourself you're doing it for fun, these feelings are of excitement (not nerves), focused breathing etc... That's what my coaching last year got me to do :)

Busy horsey weekend but might not be able to fit that much actual riding in. Flatwork lesson tonight, quest dressage on Sat (P18 - 2nd outing and going for points and quals for regionals), county show Sunday and races and family picnic Sunday. Typically he is a poo laden mess and I have no time before Sat to clean him up but class is at noon so will spend the morning preening and plaiting - he doesn't enjoy it but he's miles better and now stands still until it's over (apart from when the hose is on!).

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Yep I don't get nervous at shows unless going up a level, but if we haven't been out for a while I definitely get the "why am I doing this to myself" feeling!
Try not to think too much would be my approach ;) easier said than done but usually the thought of something is worse than actually doing it.

We are just back from a very useful lesson, trainer got in the saddle for the first time ever and it was really well timed because I was just feeling like we were a bit stuck. Kira gave him as much of a hard time as she'd been giving me but it was good to see the results of their discussion and she looked like a proper smart horse :D Back on the straight and narrow now, a few tough weeks coming up but it will all be worth it, it WILL!! :p

Show on Saturday, PSG again trying to find our way out of the 63% rut we've been in. Various reasons - sometimes justified sometimes not. What's the betting it's another 63,lol. Trying to decide whether to head off for a music next week or not... decisions decisions.

Hot tired cob!
61099650_2505951932749635_201209094579683328_n.jpg

Visit site
I am actually taking ponies out to a show for the first time this year!

The accidental foal who is now 2yo!!! Is going to her first pony party! This is going to be entertaining! She is going with an older mare who hasn't been shown in 6 years and they have never met each other but it will be fine! The show is at an auction mart so I can chuck them in pens which will make them so much easier to deal with!

Gratuitous picture of Calisto wearing her big girls bridle for the first ever time! 2 holes smaller than anyone else who jas ever worn it!

60342762_10157281793714721_7517527532166447104_o.jpg

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
I was going to hack round a farm ride today, but slack friend didnt sort her farrier out last week, so horse had flapping shoe,. So, possibly going tomorrow.
Sat am taking B Fuzzy for her 1st xc training outing with RC.
Possible extended hack with friends on Sunday.
Monday either local county show or sofa surfing!

Good luck to those competing, pleasant rides for those who are not 😎

Wheels

Visit site
Pull yourself together chippers lol

I'm gutted because there is so much fun stuff going on this weekend but my thumb is still not up to the job so we wont be doing much!

If I manage to get back on board by Monday I'll be happy

DirectorFury

Visit site
You'll be fine Chippers!
Hope everyone has fun :D.

We would have been hacking and trying out 'new' brakes but someone came in from the field lame today :rolleyes:. She's only very very slightly off on one fore in trot but there's no heat, swelling, or general reaction anywhere down her leg so gawd knows what she's actually done. Hopefully it's something easy to fix!

j1ffy

Visit site
You’ll be fine Chippers - relax and enjoy it! If you don’t need to change tack maybe see if you can go straight from dressage to SJ? Often they don’t stick to times so you may be able to crack on, then have a drink and change before xc.

Wheels and DF - I hope you’re back on track soon.

EKW - good luck!

MP - no photos or vids of Adam (if it was him!) on Millie?! Good luck in your PSG.

We have Wellington Area Festival tomorrow at Ele and Medium. We’re crap at E53 so just using that as a warmup, then my aim for the Medium is to get him even in both reins and try to improve positioning in the lateral work. If we get a top ten placing in either it would be a cherry on top but I’m not expecting it! We’ll aim for Hartpury or Sparsholt in August as well.

Have a great weekend all!

Reactions: TPO

Snitch

Visit site
I am actually taking ponies out to a show for the first time this year!

The accidental foal who is now 2yo!!! Is going to her first pony party! This is going to be entertaining! She is going with an older mare who hasn't been shown in 6 years and they have never met each other but it will be fine! The show is at an auction mart so I can chuck them in pens which will make them so much easier to deal with!

Gratuitous picture of Calisto wearing her big girls bridle for the first ever time! 2 holes smaller than anyone else who jas ever worn it!

60342762_10157281793714721_7517527532166447104_o.jpg
Super cute!

Chippers1

Visit site
You’ll be fine Chippers - relax and enjoy it! If you don’t need to change tack maybe see if you can go straight from dressage to SJ? Often they don’t stick to times so you may be able to crack on, then have a drink and change before xc.
That's a good idea actually! I don't need a tack change so I may see if I can do this.

Thanks for the encouragement everyone, I will be fine once I get going I just have these major nerves before hand! It's why I go out every weekend as if I keep it up I'm fine but my box was off being fixed, it has a shiny new ramp now 🙂

mavandkaz

Visit site
Was supposed to be going to Wellington Area Festival for Novice Silver but pony is well and truly broken. (Will probably start a thread at some point as could do with some advice)
So have been roped in to gardening and DIY.

Good luck to all those out and about, and hope the weather stays dry

Fiona

Visit site
Consider your bum kicked chippers 🤣

That's so annoying wheels, there is sooo much going on this weekend.

Good luck EKW and milliepops x

I've a much horsier weekend than last one planned. Hubby is getting on really well after his hip replacement 10 days ago, pootling about on his crutches, although me doing all the driving is getting rather wearing and that will be another 3 or 4 weeks at least...

On Saturday Fionn and I are entered in a local unaff ODE, and on Sunday my 7yo was support be doing his first PC Tetrathlon of the year, but we can't manage to get the pony to the riding part (as hubby not driving) , so he's doing it as a triathlon instead, and we can ride when he gets home again...

Fingers crossed I have a good day on Saturday 🤞🤞

Fiona

Northern

Visit site
I am picking up my pony from my friend who has been schooling her today :D We were going to enter an ODE this weekend but they wouldn't accept my late entry (well there was no contact at all!), so we will stay home and hang out. Can't wait to see her, its been three weeks since I sent her home on the truck! :)

E the TB has the vet coming next week, she has to my mind improved somewhat on my more mildly sloping paddocks (was on a very steep hill before), so I have started walking her out in hand again. Except she's decided she's decided she's never seen people or horses before :rolleyes: such a TB teenager. Lucky I preempted this and had my faithful dressage whip handy for forgetful moments :p Hopefully the vet has some suggestions as to where to go from here and I can crack on with her!

Have a great weekend all :)

JFTDWS

Visit site
Well nothing exciting horsey, here. I was bat surveying tonight, which was great fun (for an incompetent!). Working tomorrow, then tomorrow I'm going to see Rhod Gilbert in the evening. Other than that, it's just hacking ponies and playing in the fields. Was hoping to have the horse bow delivered in time for weekend games, but they're not being overly communicative so guess it's not likely!

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
Have fun all! I had a lesson last night which was very productive, but that is the extent of our plans for the weekend. We will be riding at home and catching up on chores after a hectic few weeks! Oh and spectating XC at a local event. I can't wait to see some eventing action, i have been out of the game all year and I'm starting to miss it.

Wheels

Visit site
Ah, so pee'd off

I just saw pics of the derby I was planning on doing and it would be the most perfect preparation competition for the qualifiers I'm doing in a couple of weeks.

We haven't had the best prep for this already with several very minor ailments between us but that have meant no riding for at least 6 weeks in total over the last 4 months which isn't great. First he had a mild psoas strain then a sharp tooth cut his tongue then he had a cough and now my thumb! Maybe someone is trying to tell me something!

Pippity

Visit site
It's my usual lesson tonight. I had an amazing schooling session with her yesterday, so I suspect she'll be an abomination tonight.

Sat and Sun, I'm planning on hacking up to the venue where she disgraced herself a few weeks ago. If I can make the hack up there something totally normal and boring, I think it'll make it easier when we're back there competing.

And Monday, I'm off to Cheshire Horse Show as a spectator. A friend is judging some classes, so I'll be lending moral support!

Northern

Visit site
Eeep! L is home and I'm super pleased with how she's going. She's just such a willing little pony even if she has no idea quite what she is doing yet :p

Bonus rare ponio picture (I usually have no one to take photos of me riding!).

Luna4.jpg

So glad to have all the horses in one place again :D

SpringArising

Visit site
Pull it together Chippers (coming from someone who feels the exact same way before competitions!)

I'm SJing on Sunday. We'll be doing my boy's first 85/90 and I'm really interested to see how he goes as we've done lots of prep over the past month. He's more than capable of jumping that height - it's his rider who needs to remember the course!

Michen

Visit site
7D75388B-A7C6-4461-B57A-B47F53BCB8C5.jpegNothing horsey, moving into this little slice of heaven (rental) next week so lots of packing!!! Still ten minutes down the road from Boggle of course, having thought I wanted to move somewhere walkable to the train I’ve ended up even more rural🙈 Next to a river and not another house in sight..bliss (or weird, for a 27 year old..? 😂)

Pippity

Visit site
Nothing horsey, moving into this little slice of heaven (rental) next week so lots of packing!!! Still ten minutes down the road from Boggle of course, having thought I wanted to move somewhere walkable to the train I’ve ended up even more rural🙈 Next to a river and not another house in sight..bliss (or weird, for a 27 year old..? 😂)

Oh, wow, that looks stunning! I'm turning slightly green with envy from my town centre flat!

Joyous70

Visit site
Nothing planned for me.

On a massive low currently, had a fab schooling lesson last week, incorporating leg yield and shoulder in, and now madam has become an ar$e again. I suppose i should get some jumps up and have a practice as i have booked in for some SJ next weekend, which if we are to actually arrive on time and not stressed, i need to work on our loading as she is difficult.