BAPSH Champs Hartpury

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
Not posted for ages but wanted to share Bigbirds pics from the weekend - photos courtesy of Eclipse Photography who gave me far to many to choose from (I have permission to post) as they did a brilliant job.

This is Lluna in the Morphology (In hand section)
bapsh2011morphology.jpg

Who says PRE's cant extend!
BAPSH2011FlyingLluna.jpg

She got =4 in a strong class of 14 and won the movement section

And a couple more ridden

A little short in the neck and tense here

BAPSH2011MED.jpg

Better!
bapsh2011novdressage.jpg

luckyhorseshoe

Visit site
Lovely photos!! :)
I was there all weekend, some lovely horses there. I wasn't competing this time but hope to take my mare next year.
Hope you enjoyed your weekend, it was my first time at the show, and thought it was really good!

Andalusianlover

Visit site
Well done to you, great result.

I went on Sunday for the first time in a few years. I really enjoyed it, there were some lovely horses. I really fell in love with a young dark grey filly that was for sale, big girl, 16hh, the one with the cosmetic blemish on her hind leg. If she was a bit cheaper I would have taken her home.

At my yard, people are always telling me my boy is too fat and I'd started to think they were right , even though he gets loads of exercise including x-country, galloping and SJ on a weekly basis. When I got there on sunday I was prepared for the worse - seeing all the sleek and slender PRE's. How shocked was I, there were several "overweight" ones and at least two I saw were obese to say the least.

My lad is definately a normal shape/size

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
Well done to you, great result.

I went on Sunday for the first time in a few years. I really enjoyed it, there were some lovely horses. I really fell in love with a young dark grey filly that was for sale, big girl, 16hh, the one with the cosmetic blemish on her hind leg. If she was a bit cheaper I would have taken her home.

At my yard, people are always telling me my boy is too fat and I'd started to think they were right , even though he gets loads of exercise including x-country, galloping and SJ on a weekly basis. When I got there on sunday I was prepared for the worse - seeing all the sleek and slender PRE's. How shocked was I, there were several "overweight" ones and at least two I saw were obese to say the least.

My lad is definately a normal shape/size

I agree, there were some there who were almost obese! My girl looked positively skinny in comparison with some of them, it was interesting that the fat ones did not do well in morphology, one mare in my class actually had cellulite, she was a lovely mare other than that but did not even get a placing, good on that judge I say!

Hedwards

Visit site
I was there all weekend too, was a fab show, I dont think I spotted you...

We had two there (I was just grooming and did a bit of warming up for friend), her 9 yo Part-bred (although she should be pure - just an issue with sire or mare's registration) - if you saw the performance award presentation before the James SMith demo that was her! and her 5 yo - she was an absolute nightmare and was so badly behaved - first time I have ever seen my friend cry was when she came out of the Novice ridden class on the Sunday - she was just awful - and it was muggins here that had to get her from the parkway arena to the stables!!

There were some fab horses there, although I do agree, a very large number of fat horses, which really suprised me - hardly any last year.

Was really pleased to see Geoff Shawcross's stallion Romero - he's fantastic and hopefully be the daddy of a foal with my friends Connemara mare one day!

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
I only went down to the International Arena to do the morphology class, all the dressage and functionality was in the Old Indoor Arena, I was initially fairly pleased that I would not have to go up and down the spooky hill to do my dressage, but have to say the old indoor was really really spooky too :eek: still all good experience :eek:

Yes Romero is a super boy, fairly hot but lovely boy, Connie/PRE is a nice cross.

I have my eye on Kamborio, the chestnut that Emma and James used for the functionality demo, only 4 and coped amazingly well in that huge arena, I liked him before that but he seriously impressed me. lovely straight movement for dressage too :)

SwingHorse

Visit site
I agree, there were some there who were almost obese! My girl looked positively skinny in comparison with some of them, it was interesting that the fat ones did not do well in morphology, one mare in my class actually had cellulite, she was a lovely mare other than that but did not even get a placing, good on that judge I say!

At least the judge treated it accordingly, over here I routinely get told our boys are too lean (although they are no where near skinny!) even though the breed were initially created/bred with athleticism in mind! I some how doubt the fatties we get put against could in either traditional sports (e.g. charreada) or more 'modern' disciplines like dressage as ours do, at their disgusting weight

B-B

Visit site
I prefer the tense pic lifting her back.....still a bit short but better over the back than the last.

Gorgeous mare and excellent result.Well done!!

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
Sorry to drag this up again but I just had to share!

My fab mare competed at the GBPRE International Show this weekend, and she won her class! This means that she has qualified for SICAB which is the spanish equivalent of HOYS.

So so pleased with her and more than a little gobsmacked as there were 3 National Champion mares in her class and all of them were a lot fatter than she was! Not only that but she had the highest score for conformation and movement on the day and was only beaten by 1 point (by ANDREW GOULD!!) in the ridden (functionality) class.

It is interesting that suddenly there are a few stallion owners who want me to use them on her, not going to put her back in foal for a few years as she is just embarking on a dressage career :D

Sadly we will not be competing at SICAB as it will cost the best part of £4k but it is just so nice to think that we can go if we want to :)

Holidays_are_coming

Visit site
I was gutted I missed being able to go and watch the PRE show last weekend, as I was out of the country, but Ill definatley go next yr, any pics of your lovely mare???? and a very big well done!!! You must be so pleased!!!!

Alibear

Visit site
Wish I'd known I'd have said hello! You're mare was gorgeous and I really liked the way the judge was judging. To my uneducated eye he didn't seem to have a type preference just put the best horses forward.
Our yard had a good weekend to with a 2nd in the Gelding class and 4th in Stallions.
It had a blast chilling out watching all the gorgeous horses strutting their stuff.

Andalusianlover

Visit site
Sorry to drag this up again but I just had to share!

My fab mare competed at the GBPRE International Show this weekend, and she won her class! This means that she has qualified for SICAB which is the spanish equivalent of HOYS.

So so pleased with her and more than a little gobsmacked as there were 3 National Champion mares in her class and all of them were a lot fatter than she was! Not only that but she had the highest score for conformation and movement on the day and was only beaten by 1 point (by ANDREW GOULD!!) in the ridden (functionality) class.

It is interesting that suddenly there are a few stallion owners who want me to use them on her, not going to put her back in foal for a few years as she is just embarking on a dressage career :D

Sadly we will not be competing at SICAB as it will cost the best part of £4k but it is just so nice to think that we can go if we want to :)

Well done you, you must be overjoyed, I couldnt go unfortunately as I was Hunter Trialling.

Just for those people who think Andalusians cant jump, MINE CAN.

We got placed 8th in the Novice (3ft) at Larkhill last weekend and completed our first Open HT this weekend with only one cockup which was my fault (the fences were massive). Going to event him next year, he's only a "pony" 15.2.

Sorry Sirena for hyjacking your comment!

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
I was gutted I missed being able to go and watch the PRE show last weekend, as I was out of the country, but Ill definatley go next yr, any pics of your lovely mare???? and a very big well done!!! You must be so pleased!!!!

Have not got the pics from the day yet, but any excuse to post some photos - here are some of her from earlier this year :)

This was a Hartpury during the functionality:

Lluna004.jpg

bapsh2011Functionality2-1.jpg

And last month during a dressage test - excuse my face - I was concentrating lol!:
Lluna001.jpg

LLuna003.jpg

LLuna005.jpg