Barbaro

GTs

Visit site
Good - nothing much new, grazing everyday seems comfortable, but still taking it day by day.

Mrs. Jackson was recently interviewed at Keeneland.

seabiscuit

Visit site
Fantastic. ( Was hoping you'd reply to this GTs, haha!) What an inspiration, I do hope it will all be worth it in the end
smile.gif

GTs

Visit site
It would be nice if he pulls through - but I do find it surreal and disturbing all at the same time. Why is a horse entitled to better quality of care then a human? Why is there so much out pouring of grief over this incident, while 1000s of soliders have died abroad and they really get so little. Why do so many people spend time sending him get well soon cards, when a person in hospice care would love a friendly note, be able to understand and appreciate it (unlike Barbaro). Why do people feel compelled to donate money to his charity, when UPenn has an edowment larger then the GDP of Cambodia?

seabiscuit

Visit site
People follow inspiration that is why. Barbaro represents courage, power and intelligence which is what people worship. There would be the same worship for anybody or any animal of similar standing, it is what we aspire to..

At the end of the day..there is more than enough suffering in the world, but very few 'hero's'...it is sad though, that Barbaro is superficially considered more heroic than a soildier that died in war, but such is human nature.

sallyf

Visit site
well said Seabiscuit , better than i could have managed.
good news on horse though i also was wondering this morning as heard no new lately.