Bargain of the week

Seahorse

community.webshots.com
Went to a local horse rescue charity place last week to have a look in their 2nd hand tack shop, I assume its things that people have donated and the charity then sells them at very reasonable prices to raise money.
Had loads of stuff there, but didn't have time to look through it all and just picked up a riding hat on the off chance it would fit me, it did so I asked how much it was. The lady said that they are not allowed to sell 2nd hand riding hats but if we want it we can 'make a donation of about 5 pounds'
marvellous! I thought and gave her the money......... and walked away with a very nice Pikeur GPA
smile.gif
smile.gif

Sam x

EllieBeast

Visit site
fab - careful though. if it was donated, then there could well be a real reason for someone not to want it (as even if i stopped riding, i would keep my hat in case). i.e. had a bad fall in it. is there any way that you could have it checked?
Sarah xXx

Seahorse

community.webshots.com
true, I have looked over it really carefully and there doesn't seem to be any damage to it that I can see and it seems rigid and not wobbley if that makes sense!
who would be able to check it over properly?

SpruceRI

Visit site
You can't always tell if they're damaged inside. I fell off the other day and banged my head really hard. It was sore for days, but the hat looks untouched. It can't be because I have a bruise on the top right hand side of my head. So the hats' gone in the bin.

Eliza120280

Visit site
Maybe the manufacturer can check it for you? I am sure when i bought my Charles Owen J3 hat, the lady said if i fall and think it may be damaged, i can send it back to them then they willl open it up and see - if it isnt damaged, they put it back together and send it back, if it is damaged then they send it back apart so you can see the damage too. All you have to pay is the postage. I thought that was a good idea! When it comes to your head, you cant be too careful!! Hats work by little bubbles inside them bursting on impact and absorbing the energy - they can be damaged and useless without looking too bad from the outside!
laugh.gif