BARON UPDATE

vicm2509

Visit site
For those who dont know Baron has Strangles, and he also developed Purpura hemorrhagica which is a compication. He has been ill for about 8 weeks now.

Anyway - good news, he seems to be loads better
smile.gif
Last week a 4th lump appreared just above his 3rd abcess just as I thought he was all better, luckily it drained out of one of his old abcesses and was quite small. All the cracked skin on his legs is now better and does not appear to have scarred at all. I did have vet out within an hour of them going up and have been putting loads of cream on though.

So he is almost back to his usual self. I am just waiting to make sure every last bit is out this last abcess then I should be able to get back on board. He is no longer on any medication.

He looks fantastic and is full of life and loving having loads of time off. I am so pleased he has fought his way back and it has made our bond so much stronger than before.

I will hopefully upload some pics of him over the weekend.

Once again thanks to everyone who has offered advice and support, you have all been fantastic
smile.gif
smile.gif

ickelshadow

Visit site
you have no idea how pleased i am to hear that
laugh.gif

and a massive well done to you for being so brave throughout, what a lovely mummy for Baron to have
smile.gif

i'll keep my fingers crossed for you that he heels up very very quick!

brightmount

Visit site
That's really great. I've followed your posts about poor Baron, and was very concerned for him, as I should think he had a no better than 50/50 chance of pulling through. It's wonderful to hear he has turned the corner.

Your photos at the onset of his strangles were very informative, as I have never been unfortunate enough to witness it first hand, so please post any more you have taken that will help us to recognise the clinical signs of purpura haemorragica, which is rare as I understand it.

Keep the recovery going Baron xxx

vicm2509

Visit site
Thanks everyone for the replies
smile.gif

I dont really have any photos of his legs as he was treated so quickly, but I do have one on my phone which shows hows big his head went. I have lots of photos of the actual abcesses but they are quite gross so unless everyone really wants to see them then I will leave them on my camera
smile.gif

And yes I got him a lovely new leather dressage girth for his new saddle, cant wait to sit on it. I did try it on him last wednesday and it seemed to fit so once he is better I can get saddler out to fit it properly
smile.gif

Llwyncwn

Visit site
This is such good news Vicky, I have been keeping my fingers and goes crossed for you - its been such a long haul for you both. I was showing my friend one of your original threads and the replies full of support - it made her cry! She was amazed at the help and support that total strangers are so willing to give.

Give Baron a huge virtual hug from me.

vicm2509

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
This is such good news Vicky, I have been keeping my fingers and goes crossed for you - its been such a long haul for you both. I was showing my friend one of your original threads and the replies full of support - it made her cry! She was amazed at the help and support that total strangers are so willing to give.

Give Baron a huge virtual hug from me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its amazing isnt it. The support I have got off this forum has helped so much. Just being able to speak to people who have been through the same, or people just offering kind words makes so much difference. It has really made me stay positive
smile.gif

Ellies_mum2

Visit site
So very pleased to hear that Baron has turned the corner and is well and truly on the mend.
Well done for the care you have given him. If you hadn't acted so quickly I am sure the outlook could have been so much different