Base layer short and long sleeved.

Carlos's Mum

Visit site
What's the best value for these tops. There are so many out there and its confusing.Don't want to make expensive mistake. Prefer the ones with polo shirt type collar.

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
What do you want from it, what is value to you? I'd say polo shirts aren't real base layers, they're polo shirts. Base layers to me have a crew, v or zip neck etc. I like merino in winter for warmth and being able to wear 2-3 times, and wicking coolmax type polos in the summer, this is for work (saddle fitting) as I don't ride these days. To me most horsey stuff is overpriced, my merino comes from the hiking section of decathlon, and my summer polos are from my embroiderers, Henbury brand shirts.

Carlos's Mum

Visit site
The base layers I already have have collars otherwise my back protector catches on me if bare skin. So want those sort but the ones I have were really quite expensive. Looking for cheaper ones for everyday.

norolim

Visit site
You could try Decathlon in the running/hiking section? They're usually pretty decent. I have some Dublin ones which were more pricey but I got a discount with the Go Outdoors sale. I think they have 10% off at the moment.

Visit site
I have loads of proper base layers and the Under Armour ones have wee collars on them that would solve your BP issue. They are usually cheap in Sports Direct.

ponynutz

Visit site
Honestly it isn't worth paying the big bucks for ones specially designed for horse riding. They all do the same thing so would agree that Sports Direct Under Armour and things like that work.

A nice more expensive one might make a good present idea for people if you like the look of them etc.