*bashes head against wall* Nitty and her legs again

Jesstickle

Visit site
So vet has looked at this knee again as it still hasn't gone down after two lots of TMS and three weeks.

Apparently now it looks like she is laying down new bone and one of the tendons is swollen. So box rest and reassess after the weekend.

Very odd, vet says has she been kicked? I said no I don't thinks so. She came in one evening and it was slightly swollen, it stayed that way for about a week so I left it thinking she'd shrug it off, then it swelled up overnight so vet came, gave TMS all good. Swelling pretty much went down apart from a bit on the outside of the front of the joing and then got stuck so got more TMS last Friday, swelling still exactly the same tonight. Vet looks and says tendon swollen and bone being laid down??

I hate having her on box rest, she is diabolical and she'd been working and being really good so all very frustrating!

I am seriously going to shoot her!

Sorry, just needed to have a rant :eek: but if anyone has any useful advice please tell me.

Lolo

Visit site
Could you sedalin her up for box rest? We know of a (similar looking!) TB mare who's been on box rest for ages who has been fairly doped up for most of it...

Jesstickle

Visit site
O yeah, I ACP her. She's still 'orrible. Filthy and grumpy! She'll be fine until Monday, it'll get bad if she has to do much longer than that. Grrr :mad:

Jesstickle

Visit site
yes please slinks. I might have to wear it myself if she's going to be on box rest for any length of time though. :D I can do without a concussion again. I didn't much enjoy it last time!

tonitot

Visit site
Ah I know how you feel, when Ethel has to be on box rest she turns into the mare from hell! Weaves like youve never seen, boxTROTS, won't shut up neighing and tries to pull the walls down with her teeth! Drives me insane, the first time she was on box rest she was perfect, second and third time she was a nightmare. Luckily the 2nd and 3rd time she was only in for 2/3 days and she trashed her bed every time I sorted it out. One of the times I was stood talking to YO and she put her teeth on the wall outside her stable and scraped them up and down for ages with a very nasty look on her face and then turned and booted the door. She's a right sweetie when she's injury free and allowed out, put her on boxrest and she's the devil ..

Jesstickle

Visit site
tonitot, that is exactly how Nits is. Out all day and she is sweetness personified, totally cuddly and loving. In and she is evil. She'll bite you and everything if she feels like it. Talk about split personality! :eek:

tonitot

Visit site
Ethel is also a TB so she doesn't do them much justice either :p Ethel doesn't really bite, she'll nip and will walk circles around you whilst trying to do anything with her. Tie her up and she throws a right paddy :rolleyes: I'm dreading the day she needs more than a few days boxrest, being the accident prone idiot she is its bound to happen soon .. :p

Jesstickle

Visit site
She loves the vets. Both of them. They give her attention and tell her she is beautiful. I just shout at her and call her donkey. So highly likely.

Trish, you can't have BH. He's my spare! When/if I ever get to ride her for more than a week in a row you can have him then. At the moment he's my fall back plan!

Thanks F, I'm sure it won't be as bad as I imagine. I am just paranoid where she is concerned now :( How are your absecesses?

JFTDWS

Visit site
She loves the vets. Both of them. They give her attention and tell her she is beautiful. I just shout at her and call her donkey. So highly likely.

Then you are screwed. She (and they) will bleed you dry for the rest of eternity.

She is an evil genius :D

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Well...

... when I checked them this evening they all looked good. Chestnut yearling had scraped a bit of fur off his hock but was sound, grey filly was well behaved *shock* :eek: and sound, chestnut mare ate up her food and was *whispers* sound and the Tb was also sound and happy.

It'll be a four horse pile up by the morning though. :(

Puppy

Visit site
Oh noes :( Poor Nitty, and poor you.

Had she actually punctured the skin there? Could there be something in the soil in your field that is particularly bothering the tiniest of wounds? That's what happened to the TB I had.

Jesstickle

Visit site
There was the tiniest scab on it Puppy, but it was just tiny. But maybe . If there is I don't know what to do about it. Perhaps wherever we move to will be better and she'll take less of an exception to the ground. Useless creature.

dafthoss

Visit site
:(:( oh no not nits again :( tell her to pack her silly tb immune system up and grow a pair so to speak.

Hope shes mended soon