Basic questions about cob classes

DressageCob

Visit site
Hello!

I'm competing at a county show soon with a friend's horse. I don't have any real experience showing. It's the novice cob class.

I have some probably silly questions!

What is the usual routine for what happens?
Does a groom normally come in the ring too, and what do they wear?

Also, what numnahs do people usually use?

Thanks in advance :)

Pinkvboots

Visit site
At County level you mainly see brown sheepskin numnahs that fit the saddle well, you will enter the ring and be asked to walk, trot and canter round on each rein then you will be pulled in and the judge will ride each horse then you take your saddle off which is when your groom comes in and you will be asked to run the horse up for the judge, then saddle back on and you walk round until your pulled in for placing, grooms wear trousers short boots, shirt, jacket or waistcoat and a hat at County level it's meant to look smart.

conniegirl

Visit site
I would strongly suggest that you get to a local level show before your big one, a county show is NOT the place for a first ever show. at a county show no allowances will be made for those who are not familiar with what goes on and often the time pressure on the judges mean that they have to rattle through horses fast.

Also novice cob classes will still be full of producers as it goes on the horses winnings not the riders