Bates Caprelli GP

4whitesocks

Visit site
Anyone have one? Any thoughts? Saddle fitter gave me one to try out for the weekend - am in a wintec & looking to upgrade - horse is short backed & the wintec is 17"5 and the caprelli is 17" so it doesn't go as far back....it feels comfy (but she's looking for mad money for the second hand one she has loaned me)

would ideally like a saddle co saddle but can't get anyone to come fit him properly over here....

Sorry starting to ramble now - basically the question is - if you have one do you like it or does anyone know a similarly cut saddle?

Ta

fizz-tally

Visit site
had one when they 1st came out, waste of £800 as it didnt sit right on any of the horses
crazy.gif

ljm

Visit site
I love mine!! It has been fantastic. I love the way its changeable gullet, Rosie has changed shape lots and that would've been several new saddles if it wasnt for this one! I didnt want a synthetic in case I wanted to do a bit of showing. Basically yes its comfy and I love mine. L

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
I've got a GP & a close contact jumping saddle. I find them great, I've aedjusted each once as my lad put on topline, but that just cost me £15 for a new gullet & about 10 minutes of time.

The quality is great, the fit is great, it's a saddle for life.

4whitesocks

Visit site
well it's not the same as my wintec - seat is completely different (which is why my rather large rear can fit better into a 17" when my wintec is 17"5!!)

agree it's a lot more expensive though!!!

Fiona

Visit site
Definitely jump in it over the weekend. We have one for our grey mare, and my legs fly back in it when jumping. Believe me this does NOT happen in my other saddle. It is a 17 and a half though and as I am quite small, I think I may have been OK in a smaller version. Am thinking of getting back blocks for it though, as in other ways is a v nice saddle.

Fiona