Bates GP saddle anyone got one?

Fiona

Visit site
Have had one for about 2 years now and it still looks nearly new. Have changed tree plates a couple of times - very easy to do. It is 17 1/2 inch so too big for me - i feel my lower leg flies back when jumping, but hubby seems OK. Might get rear thigh blocks for it though.
|FIona

Andelusional

Visit site
We have Bates Caprilli dressage, gp, close contact jumping and xc saddles on our yard. Only horse who doesnt have at least one is the Highland who cant fit in one!! Some of ours have two....they are brill! We have brown leather, black leather both look good. No one who rides in one of ours ever wants to give it back. Oh and the trees change really easily.

MillionDollar

Visit site
I have a Bates Caprilli GP, which i brought a few months ago off discount saddlery, and i absolutely love it. Its comfortable, and my horse loves it too. As soon as i put it on her she was like a different horse to school. I definitely recommend them!
smile.gif

Discount Saddlery

Peanot

Visit site
I have a Bates GP saddle too and I love it. My horse loves it too. I used to have a lot of trouble with her back but now there is hardly any tightness behind the saddle area. I have had mine for about 3 years and it comes up like new when cleaned.

Peanot

Visit site
Just to ask you a question as you have so many Bates...
I have the GP and I am looking for a dressage saddle. Do the GP and the dressage fit your horses as well as each other?
What I am trying to say is would I be ok with the dressage version if the GP version fits my horse well?
Thanks