Bates Saddles

Kenzo

Visit site
I tried a brand new Bates Caprilli saddle at the weekend (along with several other makes) question for those that use them, are these saddles on the large side? because I was given a 16.5'' to try (all labled and stickered etc) baring in mind I'm 5'6 (size 8/10) however she's a small mare and said to the saddler are you sure that's only a 16.5'' as I was expecting it look quite smaller in comparission to what I usually ride in which are 17'' or 17.5'', saddler insisted that it was ok fair enough I thought, told me to bob on the dummy horse/saddle wrack and try it for size as he thought that it may be a bit small for me, to his suprise there also there was bags of room!!:confused:, got it home to try and it looked huge on her it was the same size as a 17.5'' and actually bigger than some of the 17'' saddles that I was trying.

Oh the wonders of saddles eh :rolleyes:

galaxy

Visit site
Have you stuck a tape measure on it?

Could it just be that it has a flatter seat than the others so looks longer?

Beausmate

Visit site
I have a 17.5" Caprilli, one of the old ones. I wouldn't say it was any bigger than my 17.5" Thorowgood and it definitely feels bigger than my 17" Wintec. Could it have been mis-labelled?