Bates Webbers - arghh!

BronsonNutter

Visit site
They don't fit through any of my stirrups - is this normal? Do I need special stirrups or something? :confused:

(Would really like to keep the leathers or find something similar as Mum can feel the buckles of the 'normal' leathers through my new :)D:D:D) saddle)

Scoundrel

Visit site
Mine were fine with my dressage stirrups but dont fit in my jumping ones despite both sets of stirrups appearing all but identical bar the slot the leathers go through. I'd suggest taking a tape measure to the tack shop and measuring different brands xx

TarrSteps

Visit site
I've seen it happen - they seem to fit most but not all. :(

There used to be these little "sleeves" you could use with regular stirrups to put the buckle down by the stirrup but then you still have the double thickness stirrup leather so not really the same effect.

BronsonNutter

Visit site
Took them back to the tack shop on my way over to the yard tonight - still nothing doing - they didn't fit any of the stirrups in the shop either...
They think Bates have changed them - they now have a shiny plasticy inner layer, which the older style ones (sadly they only seem to have kiddie size left!) don't have - so the new ones are now thicker... Stupid really, you'd think Bates would test any changes before selling them :rollseyes::(

Going to have to get Mum a fluffy seat saver now...

TarrSteps

Visit site
How bizarre! They're usually really good at their product testing. Odd.

Btw, just had a look and the stirrup sleeves are very easy to come by. Or you can get a saddler to make you a "bottom buckle" set of leathers.

Last edited:

BronsonNutter

Visit site
I thought that would be the first way you'd test them too TS - especially seeing as they must have put a stirrup on the end before doing any strength tests and stuff :confused:

Just had a look at those stirrup sleeves on ebay - might have a go with a few bobbles fastening them up to see if the sleeves would be comfortable for Mum first :) Although a pair of black stirrup leathers would be nice anyway to match the saddle - surely someone else must make the T-bar style leathers? I know Jeffries did but the saddle was expensive enough without forking out for Jeffries leathers! :eek: