Bath and West

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
Just had an amazing couple of days (not only because it didn't rain this year!!!!)

Took 8 horses and ended up with
1st - novice cob (Fait Accobli)
1st and champion - LW Cob - Darcey Bustle
1st and champion - HW Hunter - SIlverstream
1st - novice riding horse - Berkley Square
1st and champion - small riding horse - Jackson Fair and Square
1st and champion - large plaited coloureds - Jigsaw Jack
2nd - large plaited coloureds - Carnaby Street
1st and reserve - large native/cob/trad coloured - The Humdinger

We have NEVER had such a successful show - most of the horses were novices last year, so to see them come out this year and do so well is just amazing. They are all such a nice bunch of horses as well - really relaxed and happy staying overnight at the show - a pleasure to be around them.

THe hunters paraded with the hounds after the championship, and then they all stayed in the ring whilst the children were invited to enter the ring to see the hounds. Boots (Silverstream) got a lot of attention which he really seemed to enjoy. Bearing in mind he is over 18hh, there were some very small children who were totally unafraid of coming up to him and patting the bits they could reach (mainly his knees!!!!)

I was particularly pleased with Dinger as it was only my second show on him since HOYS last year and he gave me the most fantastic ride. We did, of course, consume plenty of Pimms after the classes, and really enjoyed the superb weather. Wednesday was very muggy, but Thursday was glorious - hot sunshine with a light breeze - perfect weather!

Gratuitous pic of Dinger after the championship

dinger.jpg

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
Congratualtions. Are you home already? I'm going to watch today.

THanks!
Yup - got to the show on Tuesday night - there all day Wednesday, and left mid afternoon Thursday. Off to Midland Counties tomorrow and Rutland on Sunday!

Have a good time at the show - the Pimms is particularly good this year ...

Hornby

Visit site
What great results, Dinger looks stunning as ever! Any more pics of the stars please? :D

Broodle

Visit site
What an incredible run of results!!! Many congratulations to you and all concerned, and how lovely to hear how relaxed and settled your horses are.

QUICKFIRE

Visit site
Can I interest you in a wheelbarrow! a big one to carry all your prizes in. An excellent result, and well rewarded for all the effort that is involved in the preparation of these showhorses, loving Dinger, he's stunning, Well done.

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
What a great show - the weather has been fab! I went and watched the WH on Wednesday and was really disappointed thought there were far too many obese horses or underwhelming quality. I did wonder if you were around as I was working overnight there!

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
I did watch the novice workers - as you say, underwhelmed with some of them. Some of the riders looked a little insecure just cantering into the ring! Several horses were not really good enough to be at a big county show - neither in quality nor ability - which was very sad. There were a few good rounds though which did restore my faith in the class!

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
Here is Boots (all 18hh or so of him) squishing himself into one of the stables. He did about 20 circuits of the main arena at afair gallop and needed a speed nap ...

boots-1.jpg

Last edited:

fruity

Visit site
ah i love the Bath and West,my nan lives next to the showground and i used to go down for it every year,very well run. Your photos are fab and you must be sooo proud,well done you.

Andalusianlover

Visit site
What a great show - the weather has been fab! I went and watched the WH on Wednesday and was really disappointed thought there were far too many obese horses or underwhelming quality. I did wonder if you were around as I was working overnight there!

I was there wednesday to watch and of course eat my way through the whole day. I too watched the WH. The novices were dreadful, only 2 clear rounds, and yes some of them were definately very slightly podgy to say the least. I know they were only novices but competeing at this level need some ability. Next year I might just enter my Andalusian, he could jump beter than most of the novices.

The open class was a different kettle of fish, much higher standard.

Andalusianlover

Visit site
Forgot to say well done on your awesome success. I do love Silverstream, he's a beauty. I have a youngster out in the field at the moment that is of a similar size and stamp, 17hh and not yet 3 yrs old.