batson ascot trailers

Louby

Visit site
I had a quick look in a bateson deaville the other day, it looked great. I believe the batesons are great to tow and light and on past posts on here, people seem to love them.

MagicMelon

Visit site
Excellent.

It tows extremely well, is very lightweight. The white colour keeps it cool and bright inside. Im yet to find a horse who really objects to going in it. The tack box in the front is a god send, although you do have to play about to fit biggish saddles in it (and I had to take out the little grooming box to fit them in). The rubber matts are great, we just lift them up to wash underneath.

The only odd little things we've found in the past 3 years we've owned it: the little things which secure the front ramp shut started to work loose, once travelling the top door came swinging open! But we just called Bateson and they sent us some pins for free, which are perfect. And once one of my horses managed to hook the haynet somehow under the jockey door catch and open it...... (he then attempted to get out of it as we were trying to stop!), but he is a very playful horse so with him I always lock the jockey door while we're moving. Its never happened with my other horses.

Otherwise thats it, really its a brilliant trailer - definately better than the usual (boring) Ifor's!!

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
I used a friends Bateson Ascot for quite a while. It towed really well & horses travelled well in it. You have the option of having a normal ramp or american doors & a pull out ramp. There's a lockable fixed tack locker up front aswell. Build quality is very good, I far prefer them to Ifor Willliams.

I went on to actually buy a Bateson Deauville, slightly different model but with all the atributes of the Ascot but a little cheaper. They hold their value well also.

I have two other friends who bought them after looking around mine.
smile.gif

Theresa_F

Visit site
I have the smallest of their trailers - the Derby and am so pleased with it. Light and airy, easy to tow and move by hand and very well made. Would certainly if I change my car and need a larger trailer get another one.

Kermie

Visit site
I've got an Ascot and it's fab. Best feature for me is the avonride suspension which makes it a far more comfortable ride for horses than an IW - try jumping up and down in one and you will see how good it is.