Battery Operated GBS Tracker Recommendations for New Trailer

Alice75

New User
Visit site
Heya, I've just bought a new trailer (Cheval Liberte) and am looking at GPS tracking options (I already have various wheel and hitch locks). It's a bit of a minefield as prices vary from a tenner to £300+....does anyone have any recommendations? Does have to be battery operated as the trailer doesn't have it's own power source and I'd like a fairly long battery life - 3-6 months. I've seen some that need changing or charging fortnightly and that isn't going to work for me as it's too high maintenance! On a similar note I'm putting my car reg in large hot pink letters on the roof and having unique decals made, again in hot pink with my name/horse head and hearts. I've also read it's a good idea to put postcode on and tracker warning notice. What are these dot things you can spread around? Many thanks

supagran

Visit site
Heya, I've just bought a new trailer (Cheval Liberte) and am looking at GPS tracking options (I already have various wheel and hitch locks). It's a bit of a minefield as prices vary from a tenner to £300+....does anyone have any recommendations? Does have to be battery operated as the trailer doesn't have it's own power source and I'd like a fairly long battery life - 3-6 months. I've seen some that need changing or charging fortnightly and that isn't going to work for me as it's too high maintenance! On a similar note I'm putting my car reg in large hot pink letters on the roof and having unique decals made, again in hot pink with my name/horse head and hearts. I've also read it's a good idea to put postcode on and tracker warning notice. What are these dot things you can spread around? Many thanks
Airtag - battery lasts about a year. It will show you where your trailer is at any point. I have one on my e-bike and I can check on it where ever I happen to be. Just make sure you hide it somewhere!

poiuytrewq

Visit site
As above the air tag runs off iphones. Not just your own phone but anyone's.
So this is perfect if your trailer or whatever gets stolen and parked in the middle of a busier area- ie one with people and iphones around. However its more likey that it will be out in the countryside or quieter areas so you wont be able to locate it. That's why they are a great option for bags or luggage in cities/airports etc.
OP, If your still looking I can ask my partner what it is they have on all the farm kit here as that seems pretty good. He gets a notification on his phone if things move that shouldn't along with being able to track it which is handy.

Alice75

New User
Visit site
As above the air tag runs off iphones. Not just your own phone but anyone's.
So this is perfect if your trailer or whatever gets stolen and parked in the middle of a busier area- ie one with people and iphones around. However its more likey that it will be out in the countryside or quieter areas so you wont be able to locate it. That's why they are a great option for bags or luggage in cities/airports etc.
OP, If your still looking I can ask my partner what it is they have on all the farm kit here as that seems pretty good. He gets a notification on his phone if things move that shouldn't along with being able to track it which is handy.
Thank you yes please, I’d like to know what your partner uses on the farm kit, we are very rural so this sounds perfect, thank you

meleeka

Visit site
Airtags just need anyones iphone signal. It’s highly likely that the thieves would have iphones, or a passing car when they are moving it. That’s probably what I’d do. I have one on my mower at my yard, hidden in a place it wouldn’t be seen easily.

Oh has a cheap one from Amazon. His is wired into the car, so wouldn’t work for a trailer, but I think anything that uses a sim card would work.

dougpeg

Visit site
My cat wears a devise called "Tractive". It uses WIFI, GPS and Bluetooth. Its small and very accurate. When my cat hitched a lift in a strangers van, it tracked his every move :). Battery lasts a while and I'm sure you could conceal it in a trailer.