BCA- Moon and Sunshine's day

Bossanova

Visit site
Left at the crack of dawn this morning for BCA with Moonie as she had a 9.00 dressage
ooo.gif

She was so much more settled with a proper warm up and nice arenas and did such a sweet test, a little green and wobbly in parts but there were some seriously nice bits too. Was disappointed with 39 and even more disappointed when I got my sheet and she gave me all 6s for every movement, despite the fact that there was a marked difference in some of the movements!!

Never mind, onto jumping- she warmed up super and just pinged round like she'd been doing it all her life to jump a neat clear round. She gives me such a good feel, it's a pleasure to ride her. Xc course was a little boring but a nice confidence boosting run- she popped very sweetly round clear but with a few time penalties where she was a tad tired from Sunday. I was thrilled though, she felt brave and confident and you cant really moan about a double clear!! She feels ready to go PN

Sunny was up next. Now Sunny is older but has never really done much bar hunt, her owner did a few little things earlier this year and I did a 2'9 ODE but intro was quite a new experience for her.
Bless her she also did a 39 (nothing if not consistant!!)
She was very spooky in the SJ but tried her little heart out to also record a clear round. Xc was the smae- she insisted on trotting into the first few so we wasted time but she got round with no penalty so that was another double clear!!

Couldnt be more pleased with both girls, both are green but both tried so hard for me and were a genuine joy to ride- doubt I'll ever manage two double clears on the same day again
smirk.gif

Photos to follow later

tigers_eye

Visit site
Saw you had posted on something at 5.30 this morning! I think that qualifies as addiction - getting up that early and feeling the need to look at PC instead of extra 10 mins in bed!

Well done, is moon all done for the season? and is the other going to be a permanent fixure?

Bossanova

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Saw you had posted on something at 5.30 this morning! I think that qualifies as addiction - getting up that early and feeling the need to look at PC instead of extra 10 mins in bed!

Well done, is moon all done for the season? and is the other going to be a permanent fixure?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, I had a spare few mins after feeding!!
moon has Bath and West as her ast next Sunday, as much as I am tempted to take her PN, I want to end on a good note. Sunny may be a ride for next season, unless her owner gets brave and tries it herself- she's a sweet horse with phenominal power, just very spooky.

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
Well done on the double clears. It's looking good for you for next season Moon should really be ready to be competitive and move up the grades. How's Boss?

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
What a great result on a horse that has only been broken for a couple of months - well done
smile.gif

Bossanova

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Well done on the double clears. It's looking good for you for next season Moon should really be ready to be competitive and move up the grades. How's Boss?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's enjoying a nice holiday thanks, he's off to his loaner for the winter soon to have fun doing some non-pressured jumping. I'm tending towards not trying to event him again, Moon has made me realise how much stress is involved in xcing Boss, I may never find another horse as natural and bold xc as him again and I enjoyed it while I did it but he just cant keep a control of himself and I think he'd run himself into the ground

Fiona

Visit site
Sounds like a great day. Looking forward to the photos when you have them.
Hope you have a good dressage judge at Bath & West (and not one who uses 5's and 6's as a comfort blanket rather than using the full range of marks).
Well done,
Fiona

bandit

Visit site
well done Boss... glad Moon had a good round, know what you mean about dressage - same thing happened to me at the w/end, definately a difference but judge marks movements the same...

Sunny sounds interesting - perhaps the more she goes out the less spooky she'll be...

Well done.
Bx

siennamum

Visit site
That is so fantastic, you are going to have so much fun with her. You'll have to get a measure on her & she can be Will's FEI pony in a couple of years
laugh.gif

Having pink pony vetted on Fri
shocked.gif
may be with us on Sat - just need to find a saddle which fits now.
Really looking forward to B&W now and wondering how you're going to be transporting her..........
I'll have to get Sarah to drive so we can have a beer.